What makes the "hood" so fascinating to people?

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I love my hood. See things are a little different then it was when I was growing up about our "hood" was like its own little community. There wasn't as much violence as there is today. There were gangs and there were fights but the violence was normally directed at the intended targets. We use to have house partys every weekend. We use to sit in the park with our music bumping, drinking, mofos having footwork battles. Everyone knew everyone and your parent was your friend parent when it you did something and it was time to get your ass whooped. You didnt see older women walking with grocery bags because the neighborhood boys would see her and walk them to her door. I don't know what happen but now its lawlessness, crime is way high and babies are having babies. I guess my generation dropped the ball.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Its the lawlessness breh.

You got nikkas growing up in boring ass communities, where nikkas have curfews and shyt. You HAVE to cut the grass. You HAVE to follow the rules.
No action happens, and you can go days without seeing people outside.

Then you got a place, where, not only is it inside the city, but nikkas who are your age are all out there doing them. Wearing their clothes how they want, staying out when they want, throwing shyt at police cars while they drive by, smoking in front of cops etc...

Its basically what every kid wants, which is being able to live with no rules or consequences.

However, the only flaw is that, there are consequences, and they know that too, its just that kids dont think about that.

Thats why most people usually grow out of it.

Not much more can be said after this lol. One of the only things I miss about the hood is the family vibe you get from everybody. In the burbs people don't talk or get to know each other like that. You know errbody in the hood and ya'll look out for each other.

Let me add, that everything revered as "cool" is founded in the hood. Clothes, slang, culture etc.

As a youth a majority of what black kids consider cools comes from hood influences.
I`m white, never lived in the hood and never thought the hood was cool.

I also lived next to a trailer park so I got my fair share of poverty influenced individuals.

Why do insist on voicing your opinion about something you have no clue about?

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Its only fascinating to people not from there.

I honestly didn't know we lived in the hood until we left and moved out here..

Then I was like "Why isn't nobody outside playing? Why don't I see people walking up the block?, Why isn't nobody outside chilling on their porches in the evening and just "hanging out?

When I stayed in East Cleveland, nobody refered to it as the "hood" it was just our block and we didn't know that it was all these nice neighborhoods & suburbs out there (especially in Cleveland) so i just assumed thats how everybody lived until I moved and and came back a few years later.

Its not all bad, and I still make sure I take my son out there to spend the summers with his Grandma in Oak Cliff so he gets to see both sides of the game and to make sure he has that balance of being street smart but yet still being able to adapt to any enviroment.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everyone....dikkhead

You from the hood or the burbs? If you're from the burbs, you were around a bunch of wiggers or wanna be's.:ufdup:

And if you're from the hood, then you got delusion of grandeur about where you grew up:snoop:

I grew up in the burbs, ain't nobody put the hood in a pedestal unless you were in one of the aforementioned groups of people.

LOL at you thinking it was cool to stand in the free lunch line at school:mindblown: Not that there's anything wrong with that. But miss me with the "everyone wanted to be in the hood" fantasy that some of you believe in.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I love my hood. See things are a little different then it was when I was growing up about our "hood" was like its own little community. There wasn't as much violence as there is today. There were gangs and there were fights but the violence was normally directed at the intended targets. We use to have house partys every weekend. We use to sit in the park with our music bumping, drinking, mofos having footwork battles. Everyone knew everyone and your parent was your friend parent when it you did something and it was time to get your ass whooped. You didnt see older women walking with grocery bags because the neighborhood boys would see her and walk them to her door. I don't know what happen but now its lawlessness, crime is way high and babies are having babies. I guess my generation dropped the ball.

What year were you born?

Daps
Why do insist on voicing your opinion about something you have no clue about?

Because my opinion clearly does have relevance here. Read the OP closer. Reading comprehension is key when using a forum my friend

People were speaking on why outsiders think the hood is cool.

I am clearly an outsider and i`ve been to very "hood" areas. I never found them appealing in any way, shape or form.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
You from the hood or the burbs? If you're from the burbs, you were around a bunch of wiggers or wanna be's.:ufdup:

And if you're from the hood, then you got delusion of grandeur about where you grew up:snoop:

I grew up in the burbs, ain't nobody put the hood in a pedestal unless you were in one of the aforementioned groups of people.

LOL at you thinking it was cool to stand in the free lunch line at school:mindblown: Not that there's anything wrong with that. But miss me with the "everyone wanted to be in the hood" fantasy that some of you believe in.

dont worry about where im from.....

just know that ur wrong.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyways, to answer the TS like alot of people said before I think people are fascinated with the hoods because they probably live a "boring"(i.e. law abiding) lifestyle and they view the hood as some exciting "IDGAF" type of place eventhough most people living in the "hood" are law abiding people them selves.

Also, the glorification of the hood is also what makes people so fascinated by it. Hell people on the coli do it everyday. You got some folks who put "hustlers" and "gangbangers" on a pedastool but TBH most of these dudes probably live at home with their mom or girlfriend and dont do sh!t.

I mean you can go to the suburbs AND the hood and see a bunch of dudes who come from decent families who try to act tough just to be cool. :yeshrug:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Because my opinion clearly does have relevance here.

People were speaking on why outsiders think the hood is cool.

I am clearly an outsider and i`ve been to very "hood" areas. I never found them appealing in any way, shape or form.

Naw bruh, you're white.

In no way shape or form should the hood appeal to you in anyway and it did NOT.

Do you think you are adding anything to this thread?

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
how do ur kids look at the city? Are they on that county tip where they claim the city off you being from there and having family there or what?
My oldest who is 18 did some growing up in the innercity I moved her in with me out in the county around her 6th grade so she's a product of both. Plus her mom and her aunts are from the projects so my oldest is both ghetto and county lol. Them county kids was loving her swag. I had her when I was 19 so she spent a lot of time in the city at that age I was still living with my mother.

My 5 year old knows nothing of Baltimore city and she's gonna be an straight up Oreo. :laugh:

Daps
Naw bruh, you're white.

In no way shape or form should the hood appeal to you in anyway and it did NOT.

Do you think you are adding anything to this thread?

Read the original post you nitwit. It's about people from the outside of the hood being fascinated by the hood.

I think you are adding the dynamic of a crabby bytch to this thread with all your complaining.

Try again next time shmuckface