What makes the "hood" so fascinating to people?

StackBundles

Sohh Icey Blood Gang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
i should be asking you that question. for someone that talks a lot of that "i'm in the streets, getting involved in the drama and action. i'm a blood repping the turf", shouldn't you be busy right now busy getting shot @, in the hospital, in court, in jail and catching cases right now? :why: i've never heard of a full time gangbanger that's all about keeping it ignant concerned with holding down a dayjob. :laff:

Don't worry about mine fakkit. U still jobless and leeching of ur unemployed mother u broke back fakkit ? U maple wood dwelling roach. I should smack the :wrist: out of u

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't worry about mine fakkit.

but yet in the next sentence.

U still jobless and leeching of ur unemployed mother u broke back fakkit ? U maple wood dwelling roach. I should smack the :wrist: out of u

:pachaha: how are you going to tell me don't worry about yours but yet you're worrying about mine? :snoop: huh?

and quit kicking those stupid ass threats, you part time blood.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
thanks for the clear answer....

its crazy tho....cause dam near everybody in the hood wants out of it...........and alot of the people who want out aspire to get to a quiet neighborhood with good schools etc.................imagine being that person, finally getting out of the hood, attaining your dream house and having kids only to have those kids envying youre "hood" background, wanting to hang out there and then acting like they from there..........

its crazy.......
Cause yo its too much drama on the daily basis, and you as a parent should want what's best for your kids. To raise them in goodenvironment and hope they take advantage of what we didn't have and do well in life.The cities are rampant with drugs,liquor store on every corner the violence is twice fold due to what I just mentioned.

With that being said my 18yr old is graduating this year and on her way to run track at Deleware full scholarship proud as shyt man.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What makes it so fascinating to people is because it is less out there, more consequences.

People are always fascinated with controversy in the news, not the same repetitive stuff. Majority of people live in average areas and majority of their social network is from there too. However, they always have that 1 person who lives in the hood. People are fascinated with what is not the norm.

Thats how I look at it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find that most people not from the "hood" always seem to put the "hood" and the people from it on a pedastal/are fascinated with them/it..........espcially when they are younger (middle school/high school age)...........
why is this?
typically these people turn into the most outspoken "hood" bashers when they get older.......(20's and up)
again, why is this?
Speak on it

It's not really about the "hood," human beings are just fascinated by the whole concept of going against the grain and making it to the top...

We love "against all odds" stories of glory...Even children who are born rich act like their parents not buying them a BMW for their 16th birthday, is some type of challenging episode they had to overcome...

This is fascination with surviving dangerous odds is well documented in human history...

For example, "David and Goliath" "300" all kinds of Greek mythology...

Human beings are infatuated with the "struggle" and we look for "struggles" even in places and situations where they do not exist...

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmao da station be ttu slime dats da only club in da usa dat stays open from 10-7am :merchant: plus all the starts be in dere too dats like the after hr spot after u leave da first club and u still feel like flexin in da club. i ran into nicki minaj sexy ass in like 2010 she had hella bodyguards heavy security around her.

Damn bruh, did you ever pass 2nd grade? :wtf:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's like a jungle sometimes and it makes me wonder, how I keep from going under :wtb:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
as!de from other well thought out posts !ts to be myster!ous/dangerous/!mpress people/p*ssy...

! helped my homeboy move to the bushes & when them country wh!te b!tches found out where we was from they :gladbron: ! told em the street ! l!ved off & got love, fukked a ch!ck same n!ght, next day shes my g!rlfr!end... these dudes smok!n weed & dr!nk!n on the courthouse steps ask!n me to jo!n !n, !m :childplease: we go to ja!l for th!s sh!t !n the hood... n!gga from the c!ty moved there & started a "gang" cause he was "hood", jumped my boy (wh!te) over a ch!ck, when ! went back to v!s!t nobody wanted !t cause !m "black from the hood"... theyd test the "wh!teboy" but see a n!gga !ts :ohhh:

these b!tch ass dudes wanna be "cool & down" t!l they heart get tested & they f!nd out that gun !n they face a!nt a mov!e prop, then run out the hood... ! seen n!ggas drop that flag they put they l!fe on... !f ! fully get out the hood ! a!nt look!n back, but wh!le !m here :jawalrus: test me n!gga, ! tr!ple dog dare you....

AllHolosEve

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
i've never heard of a full time gangbanger that's all about keeping it ignant and at the same time, overconcerned with holding down a dayjob. :laff: apparently, you're confused. why work an honest living if you could make money illegally when you have your hand in that shyt already?

youre jok!n r!ght.. gangstas dont got jobs now.. you get locked up qu!cker for not be!n able to expla!n why you unemployed w!t regular !ncome... when them people ask how you afford your cr!b & all the bullsh!t you bought w!t no job !n 10 years, what you say....

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
It's not really about the "hood," human beings are just fascinated by the whole concept of going against the grain and making it to the top...

We love "against all odds" stories of glory...Even children who are born rich act like their parents not buying them a BMW for their 16th birthday, is some type of challenging episode they had to overcome...

This is fascination with surviving dangerous odds is well documented in human history...

For example, "David and Goliath" "300" all kinds of Greek mythology...

Human beings are infatuated with the "struggle" and we look for "struggles" even in places and situations where they do not exist...

the truth right here. We all wanna be able to say we went through something and came out better for it.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

youre jok!n r!ght.. gangstas dont got jobs now.. you get locked up qu!cker for not be!n able to expla!n why you unemployed w!t regular !ncome... when them people ask how you afford your cr!b & all the bullsh!t you bought w!t no job !n 10 years, what you say....

you're not getting it.

dude is basically screaming that he's a gangbanger, he's from the street, does dirt, giving out names and blah blah but yet his ass turns around suddenly giving a fukk on some "i got work and shyt. i care about my reputation because i'm trying to do different things". :jawalrus: what does that tell you? if he was really into that shyt as he claims he is, he wouldn't even be saying that shyt in the first place. you can't go from "i don't give a fukk" into "i give a fukk". if you're putting it all out there for others to know, what's the point of trying to cover up shyt or even go about living a contradicting lifestyle as if the one that you're doing on the side isn't going to pop up.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
TV and pop culture glorified this shyt. Every time I hear a kid name a rapper or someone off the tv as a role model :snoop:

the real glory is making something of yourself, they got us beating our fists against a stone wall, and that's what they want...

AllHolosEve

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
you're not getting it.

dude is basically screaming that he's a gangbanger, he's from the street, does dirt, giving out names and blah blah but yet his ass turns around suddenly giving a fukk on some "i got work and shyt. i care about my reputation because i'm trying to do different things". :jawalrus: what does that tell you? if he was really into that shyt as he claims he is, he wouldn't even be saying that shyt in the first place. you can't go from "i don't give a fukk" into "i give a fukk". if you're putting it all out there for others to know, what's the point of trying to cover up shyt or even go about living a contradicting lifestyle as if the one that you're doing on the side isn't going to pop up.

! know a felon, gangbabg!n, drug dealer who worked @ wendys overn!ght so n!ggas couldnt see h!s face or hear h!s real vo!ce... he got ra!ded & told them he saved h!s checks up, went free, does same ass sh!t... other dude got ra!ded & had 0 paper tra!l, was :dwillhuh: locked up.... people are contrad!ct!ve... "! dont g!ve a fukk" about l!fe but ! "g!ve a fukk" about my k!ds, everyone knows !t.. death penalty, no appeal, l!fe support, term!nated, cremat!on, my k!ds !m l!v!d... !ve g!ven crack to someone ! love most... !d cry over a ch!ld dy!n but laugh !f an adult d!ed the exact way.... youre gay r!ght "wouldt g!ve a fukk" !f you fukked a dude, try to fukk me ! !nstanty "g!ve a fukk"

you dont get !t, REAL hood n!ggas dont worry about what they dont care about, !ts what we DO care about... w!ll ! oppose gay mar!age no, w!ll ! support !t no, cause ! dont g!ve a fukk... my son says he gay ! !nstantly g!ve a fukk... what you "g!ve a fukk" about can change !n a moment... l!ke relat!onsh!ps...

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
my moms told me this when I was younger'

"if you aint from the hood dont ask about the hood cuz you cant understand the hood if u aint from the hood"

:skip:

was your mom a naughty by nature fan when you were a baby?