What makes the "hood" so fascinating to people?

Daps
I`m white, never lived in the hood and never thought the hood was cool.

I also lived next to a trailer park so I got my fair share of poverty influenced individuals.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Zay's explanation, minus the embellishments, was suprisingly well said..............

good job skeletor

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Put them in a pedestal? WHo the fukk did that aside from the wiggers?:mindblown:

Even those assclowns didn't really want to be in the hood, they just liked Hip Hop.

Nah, don't know anyone, other than posters on this site, that think living in the hood is better than in the burbs.:smugdraper:

Daps
Put them in a pedestal? WHo the fukk did that aside from the wiggers?:mindblown:

Even those assclowns didn't really want to be in the hood, they just liked Hip Hop.

Nah, don't know anyone, other than posters on this site, that think living in the hood is better than in the burbs.:smugdraper:

Plenty of MC's have glorified staying in the hood.

It's not an uncommon thing.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Its the lawlessness breh.

You got nikkas growing up in boring ass communities, where nikkas have curfews and shyt. You HAVE to cut the grass. You HAVE to follow the rules.
No action happens, and you can go days without seeing people outside.

Then you got a place, where, not only is it inside the city, but nikkas who are your age are all out there doing them. Wearing their clothes how they want, staying out when they want, throwing shyt at police cars while they drive by, smoking in front of cops etc...

Its basically what every kid wants, which is being able to live with no rules or consequences.

However, the only flaw is that, there are consequences, and they know that too, its just that kids dont think about that.

Thats why most people usually grow out of it.
Not much more can be said after this lol. One of the only things I miss about the hood is the family vibe you get from everybody. In the burbs people don't talk or get to know each other like that. You know errbody in the hood and ya'll look out for each other.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
urban environments (not just the hood) just plain have more of a vibe about them, I've lived in a suburban/country area for most of my life and while the safety and decent schools are nice it is boring as hell for the most part

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Still waiting...:beli:

its amazing to me what u idiots comprehend when reading things...............i mean pretty much every thread i make there will always be at least one person who claims to have read what i wrote then makes some comment that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed..........

u have terriable comprehension skills. Im sure they are holding you back in life. You should google some comprehension building exercises and do them on a daily basis. After about a month or two of doing this come back to this thread and read what u i wrote and what u wrote............

u can apologize if u want or laugh it off..........doesnt really matter to me........just so long as u fix ur problem

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yea, but what is it exactly about the "hood" that people think is cool?

Thats what im tryin to pinpoint...........

we all know that alot of people who arent from the environment gravitate towards it.....but why?

there are plenty of people on this website who can answer this question in a personal way...........its just if nikkas are going to be honest about sharing their feelings or not
my nikka because its always something going on in the hood whether its good or bad. Take a person from the county where most consider life to be boring they gravitate to the hood for the drama or like saying they from the hood because it gives them some kinda street cred. If you notice it be the county dudes trying the hardest lol to be street.

I couldn't wait to get out the hood raise my kids somewhere else the environment is better the schooling is better. I speak from going to school in Essex Perry Hall and going to and graduating from Lake Clifton. Now living a nice quiet peaceful life in the county.

ANewClassic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm intrigued by the hood because I never experienced it. Places I thought were the hood, I didn't even realize weren't truly the hood until I was in my mid-20s :ld:.
But I get my fix by watching docs, movies, and first 48. But I also do the same with mob movies and docs because the culture intrigues me :manny:
My bf took me to a real hood once...that's about as much experience with the hood I have.
I don't understand hood life, but I would never talk less of anyone from that environment.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
my nikka because its always something going on in the hood whether its good or bad. Take a person from the county where most consider life to be boring they gravitate to the hood for the drama or like saying they from the hood because it gives them some kinda street cred. If you notice it be the county dudes trying the hardest lol to be street.

I couldn't wait to get out the hood raise my kids somewhere else the environment is better the schooling is better. I speak from going to school in Essex Perry Hall and going to and graduating from Lake Clifton. Now living a nice quiet peaceful life in the county.

how do ur kids look at the city? Are they on that county tip where they claim the city off you being from there and having family there or what?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I'm intrigued by the hood because I never experienced it. Places I thought were the hood, I didn't even realize weren't truly the hood until I was in my mid-20s :ld:.
But I get my fix by watching docs, movies, and first 48. But I also do the same with mob movies and docs because the culture intrigues me :manny:
My bf took me to a real hood once...that's about as much experience with the hood I have.
I don't understand hood life, but I would never talk less of anyone from that environment.

do u know what exactly about the culture it is you find intriguing?

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know there are hood suburbs too. not every suburb is lily white/conservative etc.