What game blew your mind when you was a youngin?

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
hqdefault.jpg

so perfect
cared about the characters in a game so much I didn't think it was possible :mjcry:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Donkey Kong Country on the SNES
Super Mario 64

Killer Instinct
Seeing that shyt in the pizzeria near my house when I was a kid was :mindblown:
There was no graphics even close when that game came out

Edit - Also, the original Donkey Kong Country for SNES. Another Rare game that blew my mind with the graphics except that was on a home console, not in the arcade. I was like 'how the fukk does an SNES game look like this?'
That 90's Rare team was so insanely talented. Damn near everything they dropped was straight flames and they really tried to push every platform as far as it could go. They even got a fully voice acted game (Conker) onto a N64 cartridge. Nobody thought that could be done

It was a dark game in gaming when Nintendo sold RAREWARE. shyt I still get depressed thinking about it.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
donkey Kong country

super Mario RPG

super Mario 64

mvc1

ff7

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
after you saw a bunch of different styles in the early 90s

anything seemed possible really after you just kept getting classic after classic

from the donkey kong graphics ... to the marvel shyt dropping and looking amazing
to the fatalities in mortal kombat ... they had a first person football game with real video of games and shyt
to the sidestepping 3D arenas of Virtua fighter ... there was alot happening at once in all different directions

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Super Mario 2 & 3 - NES

Super Punch Out, Aladdin, Donkey Kong Country, Pilot Wings and Star Fox- SNES

Ecco the Dolphin, Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, Sonic 2 & 3, Road Rash 2, Hollyfield Boxing, Flashback - Genesis TR

Tomcat Alley, Bill Walsh College Football (Omg at the CD quality stadium sounds on this game.i remember pausing the game and just listening to the crowd cheers and college bands play) - Sega CD

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Baldurs Gate 2, Planescape Torment, and Fallout 2 legit blew my mind. I was old enough to kinda understand how deep those words were, the combat was like nothing I had ever played, and it felt so adult.