What game blew your mind when you was a youngin?

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Resistance Fall of Man...
played fps online before but it wasn't my fav genre until I experienced 40 player free for all in resistance. The rush I felt was without precedent. Sniper only custom matches with huge fans blowing people into the air left and right was icing on the cake...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The first "Zelda" because there was nothing like it at the time. The first time I seen footage of "Super Mario World" for SNES. The first time I played "Tomb Raider" because it was the first fully 3D world.

EDIT: I'm sure some people will point out "Mario 64" but that was basically large 3D areas connected by loading screens. "Tomb Raider" you could traverse entire levels for hours before seeing another loading screen, which was unheard of at the time.

Fred.

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Im gonna switch it up from the usual and say pokemon R/B.

Mostly because at the time, there were so many fake codes/ rumors about all the different stuff you could supposedly do in the game.

Pokegods, Pikablu, Mew under the truck, Missing No. (this one was real) and so on. Had a young me :mindblown: trying to do all this stuff.
Once I heard about the Mew under the truck glitch, I restarted my Blue game and used my Gameshark to get Surf and Strength early. After hours of gameplay to get to Vermilion City/SS Anne, I surfed across the little water slab :wow: walked up to the truck :wow: used strength :wow:

....and nothing happened :mjcry: