What game blew your mind when you was a youngin?

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
Grand Theft Auto 3

The difference between GTA2 and GTA3 is :krs::whoo::wow:

Gta 3 from 2 I couldn’t belive, that 2d over the top to a sprawiling world was crazy. San Andreas I couldn’t believe how they got the 90s down packed. GTA 4 I wasn’t a child but shyt the way they got NYC down packed was another WOW moment.

FFVII was a fukking mazing. I played FF VI at my cousins house multiple time. When I got VII , it was like holy shyt... where did these graphics come from and the cutscene with Cloud on the bike...

I can’t find a gif to express that moment

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Super Mario 64.

The house down the block got a n64, and the older brother was playing it and my mine was blown

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
When I got my first plasma tv and a ps3 and started heavenly sword...played that entire game like :baldhuh:...graphically it's still one of the greatest games I have ever seen.

On PC when mods came out for Skyrim...before mod managers and you had to do all the shyt manually...had me like :mindblown:...the fact that you could add all types of weapons and armor and new missions and all types of shyt to the game :mindblown:...i spent more time modding it than playing it though cause back then doing everything manually you could easily fukk the game up and it wouldn't load...

Also when I learned skyrim and fallout 3 had console commands and you could give yourself whatever stats you wanted:noah:...

Breath of the Wild...first game I played that made me realize how important verticality is to a game...also how perfectly it balances to where if you want to do and explore everything you get rewarded with more stats like hearts and stamina...and if you don't you can just farm things that give you temp hearts and stamina and that can get you by just fine...you can put just as much into the game as you want without their being some overwhelming end game stuff that punishes you for not grinding through a bunch of shyt...

ROBEEZYKILLA

the coli soulja
Daps
Reppin
dallas,tx
mario 64 - :ohhh:o shyt 3d world i must of been about 9 yrs old

nba 2k dreamcast - :ohhh: so realistic

smackdown on ps1 saw it on display and was amazed, shyt had flashing cameras in the crowd idk why i thought it was so crazy

gta 3 - my friend brought over his ps2 with this game man i was amazed you can go around killing people???? i remember there was big controversy about it too

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Jet grind radio gave me the :picard: repeatedly on first playthrough.

The game that really had me in my feels was ff9 though. First jrpg and I was fresh so all the tropes didnt bother me. I was engrossed and loved every minute.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
51onFym9luL._SX466_.jpg

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Vectorman

hqdefault.jpg

I didnt think sega had anything that could compare to Donky kong country but this game was beautiful for its time.

Shadowman 64
600927.jpg

Perfect blend of zelda and tomb raider, plus the protagonist was black.
:whoo:

Turok 2

240px-Turok_2_Seeds_of_Evil_gameplay.jpg

Still the best looking game from that era imo, blowing heads and limbs off with the shotty, blasting holes right through nikkas. This shyt was unreal to me.
:ooh:

Superman 64
300px-Superman_64_Lvl_1.jpg

As a kid, I could literally find enjoyment in any game, good or bad. This was the first time in my life that I knew I was playing a shytty game. Blew my mind at how bad a game could actually be.
:scusthov:

I got superman 64 for Christmas one year along with starwars episode 1 racer, the starwars game surprised me at how good it was