What game blew your mind when you was a youngin?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
hqdefault.jpg

so perfect
cared about the characters in a game so much I didn't think it was possible :mjcry:

this got us all into jrpgs :blessed:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
MK3

It was the only one that seemed real to me. I thought there was a possibility of an OuterWorld army led by Shao Khan coming to Earth and fukkin' shyt up.

Also thought Motauro was real.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
First game to really blow my mind was KOTOR. I was sick all week with a really bad...something. Don't even remember. Well KOTOR had just came out and my sweet momma went to the game store and pretty much asked them what to get me that will last for a while and take my mind off of being sick. Came back with that. I had low expectations. Still one of my favorite games of all time. Love my momma y'all

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Super Mario Rpg blew my mind back then 'cause back then I didn't know much about Rpgs despite playing several like Zelda, Ultima, etc. Apart from it already being set in the Mario franchise, when I realized that RPGs were actual games and not just the name at the end of this new and addictive SuperMario game..I was hooked.

Metal Gear Solid 1 - Ain't never played a game of that magnitude as far as I can remember back then and the story/cutscenes made me feel like I was a part of something big back in them days when I used to sneak liquor into my gaming sessions and pretend I was the character, slowly working his way through whatever the chaos was. The 4th wall breaking and meeting up with Vulcan Raven and Psycho Mantis also helped push a breh over the edge.

Shenmue 1 - Ain't never played a game of that magnitude either that seemingly allowed you to have free will and invite you to walk around in what was at the time a very detailed world where everyone had a mind of their own at first glance. Hell, half the time I'd walk around tailing people and listening to music, I love that game so much. :wow:

Gunstar Heroes - :wow: Ain't got much I can say about this game, but I ain't never felt such camaraderie in a co-op run and gun since Contra Alien Wars. From the music down to the bosses; I ain't think I played a co-op game that had me and my buddy of choice so fukking hyped while playing it, shout out to Pocky and Rocky.

Gitaroo Man - Now while I had done played and loved Parappa and the equally good Umjammer Lammy, I was all geared up to just press buttons in time to the prompts and call it a day when I picked up this quirky title at Gamestop (I think it was either Babbages or Electronic Botique back then) turned it on, got my ass handed to me and was like :lupe:. One of the biggest atrocities ever committed on earth was the fact that this shyt never had a sequel.

tom8pack

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Westchester, NY
Dark cloud 2 put me on every jrpg, after that game I was like :feedme: for JRPGs.

Modern warfare put on for all my boys not playing halo:salute:

You know the goat debates where had in lunch for halo vs cod. I was always:youngsabo: when I heard one start.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dark cloud 2 put me on every jrpg, after that game I was like :feedme: for JRPGs.

Modern warfare put on for all my boys not playing halo:salute:

You know the goat debates where had in lunch for halo vs cod. I was always:youngsabo: when I heard one start.
The debates around Gamecube vs Xbox or PS2 was :mjlol:

i used to be a Nintendo head :salute:

DMR

Killa
Daps
latest

Sure I have seen Doom before, but the whole scope of what you can do in this game blew me out, especially the pixelated titties :wow: