What game blew your mind when you was a youngin?

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Arcade:Nba Jam and Mortal Kombat. Lines were so long and i saw those realistic sprites. Knew it was a big deal even as a 5y.o. in there with my big bros.
At home:
Mario 64. Running around and flipping freely was :mindblown:and:banderas: at the same time.
Aki wrestling games. 3d models. Movesets. Gameplay all piff.
Deadspace. Fired that shyt up and saw that innovative UI/hud and the decapitation mechanics and new it was some next gen shyt.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
256px-DMC1FrontCover.jpg
NBA_Street.jpg
635.jpg
tomb-raider-1996-406.jpg

ssx-1.jpg

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Sonic adventure that intro was brazy to me as a kid

Multiple characters with their own story:ohhh:

That fukkin whale in emerald coast:gladbron:
I just came in here to say that. Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast :wow:. Other than that janky camera, that game was pretty solid. I even have some of the BGM on my phone. I need to replace my copy though, I scratched my damn disc and then on top of that, some bad ass little kids were messing with it too.

More recently not as a youngin, one specific part of Fable III. It's kind of in the beginning of the game where you make it through the underground portion and emerge into Millfields. Instead of going to Bowerstone, I took a detour and went left. The gaming gods were smiling down that day because oh lord. I crested a hill and saw that lake coupled with the sunset :mjcgasp:. The most beautiful scene I've seen in gaming, hands down :wowhand2:. I've been chasing that feeling ever since :to:.

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Marvel vs Capcom 2, the fact that this game had the street fighter crew and two characters in mega was hype as shyt. And on the marvel side The X-men, Ironman, Spiderman, Venom, Blackheart.

Super Smash Bros Melee, for the fact that you had nintendo mascots beating each other up and the game looked so good and the stages were :wow: at their time
Capcom vs Snk2
SSX Tricky

Can't think of the others right now