What game blew your mind when you was a youngin?

capncaveman

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
bk bed stuy marcy pjs..

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Metal Gear Solid

The first console game I ever beat this was the first time I felt like a video game could be cinematic the score, the voice acting and the soundtrack had a huge impact on me shyt the codex ring is my ringtone :whew:

Grand Theft Auto 3

I remember being practically ADDICTED to this game the fact I could explore the whole city felt liberating I remember I was at my sister's house playing this and it was 2:00 am in the morning well she came back from the club and forget her keys. I could hear her banging on the door but I just shrugged and kept playing :mjlol:

Halo

Similar to MGS in that it had that cinematic feel but the scope and controls opened my eyes to FPS even more so than Goldeneye. Plus it had co-op so My brother and I used to play the campaigns on the other difficulties using different weapons. :banderas:

Tekken 2

The game that got me into the fighting game genre the controls were easy for a kid to pick up and be good at.

Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic

Before then I was never a big RPG fan but I had a Xbox and I LOVED the Star Wars universe so I said fukk it and damn I don't think Bioware has topped this game yet (ME 2 comes close). I mean the game let you become a Jedi or a Sith complete with your physical appearance and skills even let you pick your own lightsaber color :ohlawd: .That combined with a engrossing story with new characters and new planets that expanded the universe. This was the Star Wars Fans dream.

Crash Bandicoot 2: Wrath of Cortex

My introduction to Naughty Dog another game me and my brothers would all play. The polar bear level was :merchant: and :whoo:as a kid running across the area and platforming. Crash use to crack me up with his animations :russ:

Pokemon Yellow

Just because it was in color unlike the Red and Blue :mjlol:

Spider-Man

I remember missing the cartoon show after it was canceled then this was announced. This game had some fun combat and a pretty entertaining story plus it had all the alternate costumes and cameos from other Marvel Heroes. :jawalrus:

Banjo Tooie

A sequel which kept all the old moves from the previous one added new ones as you progressed and the worlds were even bigger. The prototype for making a dope sequel. Wish we got a real Banjo 3 :to:

Runescape

Game use to eat my whole world for like two years I use to try to scam people for Santa Hats game was full of fukkery:lolbron:

Last edited:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Tekken 3
The intro just got me soo hyped, the character select, the graphics and the soundtrack.

All the games on Dreamcast
Soul Calibur
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Psychic force 2012
Dead Or Alive
Power Stone 2
The house of the dead 2
Shemnue

Most of the early PS2 games from 2001,2002 and 2003
Red faction 1 and 2
Timespliters 1 and 2
Devil May Cry
Tekken Tag Tournament
Zoe
Metal Gear Solid
Time Crisis 3
Final Fantasy 10
Zone of the Enders

Last edited:
Daps
Mario 64

That world seemed impossibly big to me at the time.

GTA3 for the same reason with a large dose of interactive fukkery.

James Gordon

Superstar
Daps
The X Men arcade game when I saw how big the sprites were it blew my mind:leon:

The old school brown and burnt orange wolverine costume had me:ohhh: I got to play this needless to say I spent a whole bunch of quarters playin as a young one

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Mortal Kombat :
First game I ever played :ohhh:

Mario 64: first game I played where you could walk around and do your own thing :ohhh:shyt felt overwhelming at the time :mjcry:I didn’t think I’d be able to catch all the stars untill I was a old man:snoop:

Sonic Adventure::whoo:
I didn’t expect Sonic to have his own “3D” game ever , everything about that game restored the feeling :whoo:

GTA VC: my first GTA game:ahh:
I didn’t think games could get any bigger than this:damn: first time I played my own copy I’ll never forget the first mission where you ride the Faggio and the Michael Jackson song starts playing :damn:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Experiencing Mario in 3d for the first time on Xmas day when I got a N64 and Mario 64.

Jumping in a Warthog for the first time in my first ever epic open world in Halo 1.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
literally dropping my jaw.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
You guys will never know the feeling of playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on the Saturn:ohhh:

All the home console games for Mortal Kombat were always cheap and never like the arcades

This shyt played exactly like the arcades:ohhh:

I had no siblings to play with tho:hhh:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Socom 2 - Game paved the wave for the online shooters we have today and still is one my top ones.
Phantasy Star Online(DC) - Probably the game I've spent the most time on console playing. Shame Sega refuses to bring 2 over here.

UNATTACHED

OMG What happened to Virgil?
Daps
Mortal kombat 4 :wow:

NBA live 2001 :wow:

Smackdown Here comes the pain :wow:

NBA 2k2 :wow:

NBA street vol.2 :wow: