Warner Brothers eyeing Jordan Peele to direct 'Akira'

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:dahell:
Yes, that's what all these adaptations of classic philosophical cyberpunk anime need, a bunch of overblown action directors who will cut out all of the depth and just make a pretty looking 2 hour music video/commercial. :snoop:
Snyder work on Watchmen tells us a different story, his work on 300 tells us differently.
You make his stick to just directing and not creating the story and this movie will be a visual classic, he just needs only minimal input on story.

Daps
You said "classics" now it's "good" movies, move the goal post much? And for argument sake in what world was Olympus has fallen a good movie? Tears of the sun was we were soldiers bottom of the heap bad. Equalizer was average and magnificent was slightly above. You a millennial or something? you seem reckless with praise like you ain't really watched quality movies
Whatever you say buddy. It's different strokes for different folks.
:yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Snyder work on Watchmen tells us a different story, his work on 300 tells us differently.
You make his stick to just directing and not creating the story and this movie will be a visual classic, he just needs only minimal input on story.

I strongly disagree. Snyder removed a ton of layers and depth from Watchmen. Granted it would be hard to translate all of it and the core story is strong enough to stand on its own, but to me that's where Snyder really exposed himself as just being a good visual director.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I strongly disagree. Snyder removed a ton of layers and depth from Watchmen. Granted it would be hard to translate all of it and the core story is strong enough to stand on its own, but to me that's where Snyder really exposed himself as just being a good visual director.

I don't see what Snyder removed from Watchmen. I've read the comic, he actually corrected a lot of shyt that Moore had poorly written. IMHO. He fixed the issue with the aliens to something more believable, he fixed the interactions after that reveal to something more believable. He did the best he could with some terrible characterizations and sexual overtones from more to make a good movie. He basically streamlined everything to make a solid story, while keeping everything pretty much what you could expect from the comics. I liked it overall.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I hear this a lot and I think maybe I am missing something, watchmen looked nice enough I guess but man of steel was ugly as sin and there was nothing visually stunning about BvS at all. Why do ppl say this guy is a visual genuis? :what:GOTG and Dr strange were visual orgasms if we want to talk CB movies. Nicolas winding refn or Denis villenueve if you want to talk auteurs. Snyder is neither

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I don't see what Snyder removed from Watchmen. I've read the comic, he actually corrected a lot of shyt that Moore had poorly written. IMHO. He fixed the issue with the aliens to something more believable, he fixed the interactions after that reveal to something more believable. He did the best he could with some terrible characterizations and sexual overtones from more to make a good movie. He basically streamlined everything to make a solid story, while keeping everything pretty much what you could expect from the comics. I liked it overall.

Your ass did not just say that Snyder improved on Moore's work...:why: I don't even hold Moore in that high regard because that shyt is blasphemous. The Comedian's characterization is laughably overblown in the movie. His involvement in the Kennedy assassination is just a joke in the comic, and the only reason one might believe it is because he's such a b*stard. But there's no point in showing him actually kill Kennedy, the point is that he's a government shill who openly mocks the death of a US president.

Snyder has Nite Owl and Silk Spectre breaking dudes' legs, necks and stabbing them with knives like it's nothing, even though their thrill-seeking vigilantism is supposed to be juxtaposed against Rorschach's extreme and politically driven violent vigilantism. It's one of the most important aspects about their relationship but Snyder puts their violence all on the same level.

And so many more things happen in the movie because they happen in the comics, without Snyder seemingly grasping any of the context behind them. It's funny because I talked about this in the Ghost In The Shell thread just this week, where they remake two pivotal scenes from the 1995 movie, without understanding anything about the context and layers of what makes those scenes so good. You can't just copy and paste things at the surface level without keeping in mind why the material works underneath. That's where Snyder came up short when it came to Watchmen, even though, again, the core material is strong enough that the movie is still good.

I hear this a lot and I think maybe I am missing something, watchmen looked nice enough I guess but man of steel was ugly as sin and there was nothing visually stunning about BvS at all. Why do ppl say this guy is a visual genuis? :what:

Outside of his awful decision to have the DCU movies look as flat in colors and depressive as possible, Snyder knows how to shoot a scene. And he knows how to sell a moment. The problem is that he's basically a glorified commercial/music video director who can only sell "moments". Give him more to work with and things start to fall apart at every other level.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Your ass did not just say that Snyder improved on Moore's work...:why: I don't even hold Moore in that high regard because that shyt is blasphemous. The Comedian's characterization is laughably overblown in the movie. His involvement in the Kennedy assassination is just a joke in the comic, and the only reason one might believe it is because he's such a b*stard. But there's no point in showing him actually kill Kennedy, the point is that he's a government shill who openly mocks the death of a US president.

Snyder has Nite Owl and Silk Spectre breaking dudes' legs, necks and stabbing them with knives like it's nothing, even though their thrill-seeking vigilantism is supposed to be juxtaposed against Rorschach's extreme and politically driven violent vigilantism. It's one of the most important aspects about their relationship but Snyder puts their violence all on the same level.

And so many more things happen in the movie because they happen in the comics, without Snyder seemingly grasping any of the context behind them. It's funny because I talked about this in the Ghost In The Shell thread just this week, where they remake two pivotal scenes from the 1995 movie, without understanding anything about the context and layers of what makes those scenes so good. You can't just copy and paste things at the surface level without keeping in mind why the material works underneath. That's where Snyder came up short when it came to Watchmen, even though, again, the core material is strong enough that the movie is still good.

Outside of his awful decision to have the DCU movies look as flat in colors and depressive as possible, Snyder knows how to shoot a scene. And he knows how to sell a moment. The problem is that he's basically a glorified commercial/music video director who can only sell "moments". Give him more to work with and things start to fall apart at every other level.
Comedian killing Kennedy isn't a central characterization in the movie, it happens during a montage, so to actually talk about it like its something major shows you literally have to make that shyt up as to why you dislike it.
As for Moore, I think he and Miller are terrible writers and its easy to improve their trash ass works for the most part.

Nite Owl and Silk are just as violent as Rorscach in the comic, the difference is in that Rorschach is more openly detached from humanity and civil society as they are, they are able to hide who they really are, while rorschach embraces the sociopathy of what a "hero" is with no pretenses. Its you who misinterpreted the comic in this regard, IMHO.

The sad part is the worst parts of the movie are the bullshyt he lifted scene for scene/ panel for panel from the comic, like the sex scene after the fire rescue and the impotence bullshyt from Nite Owl. Other than the shyt from the comic the movie would have felt a lot better and flowed better. Snyder also fixed the Rorschach characterization as well, because like most normal people, rorschach was commendable in that there was black and white with him and he stood for his principles and died for them in the comic, and that resonated with readers, unlike what Moore wanted which was to paint that as crazed and deranged as having principles and not having an orgy after most of the NYC populace was killed.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
What scene did he shoot in MoS? I could barely make out what was happening when zod's female companion was tearing through Smaville. Everything on kryton looked like George micheals fast love..And what moment was sold with Kevin Costner's suicide? They say he's a visual genius but was the scene where batman murders those crooks in Bvs really impressive? Because to me it looked clumsy, dark as fuk and the car looked and moved like a computerized design..Or how about the final fight in Bvs just ghastly :hhh:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Comedian killing Kennedy isn't a central characterization in the movie, it happens during a montage, so to actually talk about it like its something major shows you literally have to make that shyt up as to why you dislike it.
As for Moore, I think he and Miller are terrible writers and its easy to improve their trash ass works for the most part.

Nite Owl and Silk are just as violent as Rorscach in the comic, the difference is in that Rorschach is more openly detached from humanity and civil society as they are, they are able to hide who they really are, while rorschach embraces the sociopathy of what a "hero" is with no pretenses. Its you who misinterpreted the comic in this regard, IMHO.

The sad part is the worst parts of the movie are the bullshyt he lifted scene for scene/ panel for panel from the comic, like the sex scene after the fire rescue and the impotence bullshyt from Nite Owl. Other than the shyt from the comic the movie would have felt a lot better and flowed better. Snyder also fixed the Rorschach characterization as well, because like most normal people, rorschach was commendable in that there was black and white with him and he stood for his principles and died for them in the comic, and that resonated with readers, unlike what Moore wanted which was to paint that as crazed and deranged as having principles and not having an orgy after most of the NYC populace was killed.

It's a vital difference whether the Comedian is actually the one who murdered Kennedy, or that it's just something he jokes about. Pretending that is "making shyt up" just shows you don't understand how important small details like that can be.

In the comics Nite Owl and Spectre don't kill anyone with their vigilantism. In the movie Spectre stabs a guy right in the neck. Again, there's supposed to be a clear juxtaposition between those two thrill seeking and Rorschach's extreme vigilantism. And funny enough the sex scene you hate and Nite Owl's impotence play directly into that aspect. Nite Owl is not someone who deep down cares about saving the world, he's just a fanboy who gets his rocks off playing superhero. Literally. That all comes together at the end when he tries to argue with Rorschach not to expose Ozymandias' scheme because it's "bigger than them". It's the biggest "case" he's ever been on, and he wants to drop it because deep down he's not a man out to save the world, he's just a guy who gets excitement from playing hero.

And it's funny that you talk about Rorschach having black and white in him and standing for principles. Why do you think that his face is literally a Rorschach-test (which means his expressions are open to interpretation) that constantly moves (his principles constantly move around). Yes, Rorschach has black & white principles, but he's a crazed extremist who picks and chooses on his own accord what they are. For a fun comparison, how many birthers are Trump supporters who move goalposts on "their" president colluding with Russia? That's who Rorschach is, someone who doesn't believe in a "gray area" because he literally changes his own views around to fit his simplistic black & white narrative.

What scene did he shoot in MoS? I could barely make out what was happening when zod's female companion was tearing through Smaville. Everything on kryton looked like George micheals fast love..And what moment was sold with Kevin Costner's suicide? They say he's a visual genius but was the scene where batman murders those crooks in Bvs really impressive? Because to me it looked clumsy, dark as fuk and the car looked and moved like a computerized design..Or how about the final fight in Bvs just ghastly :hhh:

To be fair I think Mos and BvS are easily Snyder's worst movies when it comes to visuals. I mean, Sucker Punch is plain awful on levels not even fathomable but it at least looks good. I thought the action scenes in MoS looked great (safe for my issues with how irresponsible and careless Supes is acting in them), although I never was a fan of the Krypton design. And Kevin Costner's self sacrifice/suicide doesn't work because of poor writing, there's little you can hold against Snyder for how he shot the scene as it was. Which again, is Snyder's big issue. The man can't solve or overcome narrative flaws with his directing because he's so on the nose.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Seems like an odd choice, akira is going to be quite challenging to adapt. even for legendary, experienced directors. but at the same time maybe it's a risk worth taking. I think he can pull it off, it's just a tough film to make when it's your second film in a young career. although I can't really name a director that I think could even pull akira off so maybe an out of the box choice might work, and maybe he's a big fan of the anime.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Normally not a conspiracy theorist it this makes no fukking sense

Seems more like they are setting him up to fail so he doesn't get to do his other projects

You got dough already peele. Just keep doing your thing

What in the entire fukk are you talking about :dahell:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It's a vital difference whether the Comedian is actually the one who murdered Kennedy, or that it's just something he jokes about. Pretending that is "making shyt up" just shows you don't understand how important small details like that can be.

In the comics Nite Owl and Spectre don't kill anyone with their vigilantism. In the movie Spectre stabs a guy right in the neck. Again, there's supposed to be a clear juxtaposition between those two thrill seeking and Rorschach's extreme vigilantism. And funny enough the sex scene you hate and Nite Owl's impotence play directly into that aspect. Nite Owl is not someone who deep down cares about saving the world, he's just a fanboy who gets his rocks off playing superhero. Literally. That all comes together at the end when he tries to argue with Rorschach not to expose Ozymandias' scheme because it's "bigger than them". It's the biggest "case" he's ever been on, and he wants to drop it because deep down he's not a man out to save the world, he's just a guy who gets excitement from playing hero.

And it's funny that you talk about Rorschach having black and white in him and standing for principles. Why do you think that his face is literally a Rorschach-test (which means his expressions are open to interpretation) that constantly moves (his principles constantly move around). Yes, Rorschach has black & white principles, but he's a crazed extremist who picks and chooses on his own accord what they are. For a fun comparison, how many birthers are Trump supporters who move goalposts on "their" president colluding with Russia? That's who Rorschach is, someone who doesn't believe in a "gray area" because he literally changes his own views around to fit his simplistic black & white narrative.

To be fair I think Mos and BvS are easily Snyder's worst movies when it comes to visuals. I mean, Sucker Punch is plain awful on levels not even fathomable but it at least looks good. I thought the action scenes in MoS looked great (safe for my issues with how irresponsible and careless Supes is acting in them), although I never was a fan of the Krypton design. And Kevin Costner's self sacrifice/suicide doesn't work because of poor writing, there's little you can hold against Snyder for how he shot the scene as it was. Which again, is Snyder's big issue. The man can't solve or overcome narrative flaws with his directing because he's so on the nose.
It isn't a vital difference, and moore himself says it alluded that Comedian actually did kill Kennedy, its in a page of the comic that makes reference to it. That said its nothing more than a fan service montage filler. Yeah you are literally making up shyt to be offended by, because you either poorly read or poorly remember the comic.

Nite Owl and Spectre do in fact break bones of people when they fight. They are thrill seekers but the subtext and Moore again supports this is that they are just like Rorscach underneath it all, just able to hide it. All of them from Niteowl 1 to original silk spectre. You bring up the sex scene and make the point I literally state it makes, and then try to claim I missed the exact point you just restated and said I missed. You are trying to hard and showing you are out of your depth or just lazy in reading and comprehending now. I said the pacing of inserting that scene was poor for the movie, which is ironic seeing that it was lifted scene for scene and panel for panel from the comic. Try to understand what is actually being stated when you read words, you have to read for definition, context, and idea being presented. Actually the climax, Moore has stated Nite Owl wants rorscach to stop because he realizes Ozy's plan is going to work and they should give it a try, they end up agreeing to try to play Ozy's game and look at it as the best shot at world peace, because of the 80s fear of the doomsday clock and nuclear world destruction. Moore is of the opinion that Ozy was logically sound and doing the right thing, and it was crazy Rorscach who didn't get the picture because he was mentally limited and only saw things in black and white. This is from moore himself, so you are the one who didn't understand what Moore was trying to present in the comic.

I talk about Rorscach being limited and strictly black and white because that is what the author said he was. He said that was his weakness and mental downfall, he only saw the world in black and white, not gray. Rorscach mask has more to do with his backstory in comic, than meta analysis of the character. Like I said moore has stated this out right about him. Yes rorscach is crazed, he is an extremist, and he is more's comic representation of neo-con cold warriors. Rorscach didn't really pick and choose, he didn't care who you were, he followed his principles rigidly, and to his own death. Again that people actually liked the character and started to fan after him was a shock to Moore, because he stated he wrote him as a bad guy, and didn't expect people to be able to relate to him, which is my sole point about Snyder cleaning the character up and presenting him in a different tone than Moore did, for the better movie character, while still essentially being the same character Moore wrote.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It isn't a vital difference, and moore himself says it alluded that Comedian actually did kill Kennedy, its in a page of the comic that makes reference to it. That said its nothing more than a fan service montage filler. Yeah you are literally making up shyt to be offended by, because you either poorly read or poorly remember the comic.

Nite Owl and Spectre do in fact break bones of people when they fight. They are thrill seekers but the subtext and Moore again supports this is that they are just like Rorscach underneath it all, just able to hide it. All of them from Niteowl 1 to original silk spectre. You bring up the sex scene and make the point I literally state it makes, and then try to claim I missed the exact point you just restated and said I missed. You are trying to hard and showing you are out of your depth or just lazy in reading and comprehending now. I said the pacing of inserting that scene was poor for the movie, which is ironic seeing that it was lifted scene for scene and panel for panel from the comic. Try to understand what is actually being stated when you read words, you have to read for definition, context, and idea being presented. Actually the climax, Moore has stated Nite Owl wants rorscach to stop because he realizes Ozy's plan is going to work and they should give it a try, they end up agreeing to try to play Ozy's game and look at it as the best shot at world peace, because of the 80s fear of the doomsday clock and nuclear world destruction. Moore is of the opinion that Ozy was logically sound and doing the right thing, and it was crazy Rorscach who didn't get the picture because he was mentally limited and only saw things in black and white. This is from moore himself, so you are the one who didn't understand what Moore was trying to present in the comic.

I talk about Rorscach being limited and strictly black and white because that is what the author said he was. He said that was his weakness and mental downfall, he only saw the world in black and white, not gray. Rorscach mask has more to do with his backstory in comic, than meta analysis of the character. Like I said moore has stated this out right about him. Yes rorscach is crazed, he is an extremist, and he is more's comic representation of neo-con cold warriors. Rorscach didn't really pick and choose, he didn't care who you were, he followed his principles rigidly, and to his own death. Again that people actually liked the character and started to fan after him was a shock to Moore, because he stated he wrote him as a bad guy, and didn't expect people to be able to relate to him, which is my sole point about Snyder cleaning the character up and presenting him in a different tone than Moore did, for the better movie character, while still essentially being the same character Moore wrote.

Okay buddy, you lost me after the second time of accusing me to "making up shyt to be offended by". Good luck with the rest of your shyt taste.:yeshrug: