Warner Brothers eyeing Jordan Peele to direct 'Akira'

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Nolan should direct this. Peele is talented and did his thing with Get Out but I can't see him bringing this to fruition. Nolan Or Scott need to bring this movie to life. Akira is one of my favorite Anime feature films of all time so I'll still support but I'm not too sure about this director choice. And as someone said in a previous post, WB needs people with a better vision over there

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Way too early. Black directors don't get 2nd chances. If this ain't a classic he's gonna do low budget films for the rest of his career. Breh should be making films of substance to build his credibility.
We will see how coogler does just hope he doesn't become an example

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Akira is much more then blowing shyt up every 3 seconds Michael Bay style bruh
Didn't say it was blowing shyt up, I said visually what it would take to do it is Bay or Snyder.
Ideally this is perfect for Cameron the Gawd, but he is busy, so his two spiritual succesors are the best bet.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Normally not a conspiracy theorist it this makes no fukking sense

Seems more like they are setting him up to fail so he doesn't get to do his other projects

You got dough already peele. Just keep doing your thing
Just because a project is hard doesn't mean They setting him up to fail. A studio wouldn't play those games.
If he makes it a success he can do other great projects.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Just because a project is hard doesn't mean They setting him up to fail. A studio wouldn't play those games.
If he makes it a success he can do other great projects.

Exactly!!!!

My nicca

TLT2.png

:salute:

Martha

• Dap
Reactions: Jax
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Nolan should direct this. Peele is talented and did his thing with Get Out but I can't see him bringing this to fruition. Nolan Or Scott need to bring this movie to life. Akira is one of my favorite Anime feature films of all time so I'll still support but I'm not too sure about this director choice. And as someone said in a previous post, WB needs people with a better vision over there

You don't know what breh can do yet.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I think this is good. Because he will make sure Akira has a diverse cast. And you can't put directors/people in boxes. Most people would've never thought Peter Jackson could deliver on LORD OF THE RINGS going off his resume. There are numerous examples of directors evolving.

Look at Jordan Vogt-Roberts, he directed KINGS OF SUMMER and then got the KONG gig and Metal Gear movie.
Metal gear movie:ohhh:

Daps
What classics has fuqua made? Before you say training day that was clearly denzel
Tears of the sun, Olympus has fallen, the equalizer, southpaw, the magnificent seven were all good movies plus black directors tend to be more open minded and less racist in characterizing a main character as white. I could see them actually casting an Asian actor to play the main role with a diverse cast instead of all white.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Torn about this. Wanna see Peele get to direct some big pictures, but have no interest in seeing more Whitewashed Asian movies.

Rock :hula:Hard place

after get out, i would be very shocked, very disappointed if Peele took the movie and allowed them to whitewash the characters. this should be very good news for fans, at least from a casting standpoint.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I think this is good. Because he will make sure Akira has a diverse cast. And you can't put directors/people in boxes. Most people would've never thought Peter Jackson could deliver on LORD OF THE RINGS going off his resume. There are numerous examples of directors evolving.

Look at Jordan Vogt-Roberts, he directed KINGS OF SUMMER and then got the KONG gig and Metal Gear movie.

The Frighteners told me he would be good....