Warner Brothers eyeing Jordan Peele to direct 'Akira'

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Normally not a conspiracy theorist it this makes no fukking sense

Seems more like they are setting him up to fail so he doesn't get to do his other projects

You got dough already peele. Just keep doing your thing

How the fukk are they setting him up to fail? "Akira" will probably have a $125 million dollar budget. Time for a Black dude to helm one of these major budget movies.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Tell me if they rip the script from the anime and lock it and tell Snyder this is what you will shoot, how it won't be the best option? Same with bay. Visually and in terms of action direction they are the top 2 in the game, period.
I just never thought I'd ever read someone wanting Snyder and Bay to direct a movie :dead:

I'd rather give Coogler a shot or the john wick brehs. Snyder and bay put out trash

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
What is there about Peele and Get Out that says "Akira" ?
If anything this is the perfect project for Snyder or Bay on strictly visual basis and action.

Its official to me though, Time Warner CEO needs to fire WB management. These folks are hyper reactive and have no idea what they are doing.
:deadwolverine:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They want him to fall into the same trap that M Night did when they gave him The Last Air Bender.

If he's smart he'll stick to just making other movies like Get Out (he said he has four others planned) where he can control the narrative, this is just a distraction from White Hollywood to stop him from doing that.

Took M Night years to recover :skip:

Daps
What is there about Peele and Get Out that says "Akira" ?
If anything this is the perfect project for Snyder or Bay on strictly visual basis and action.

Its official to me though, Time Warner CEO needs to fire WB management. These folks are hyper reactive and have no idea what they are doing.
Actually, black male directors have been lowkey making classics with the exception of a few (Tyler Perry, Lee Daniels). Ryan Coogler, Antoine Fuqua are dope.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Normally not a conspiracy theorist it this makes no fukking sense

Seems more like they are setting him up to fail so he doesn't get to do his other projects

You got dough already peele. Just keep doing your thing
Exactly, when the time is right he can make that jump but he should just get his feet wet doing his own thing before he gets swallowed by the machine

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This can put big money in his pockets though...enough to fund numerous smaller productions and even help other up&comers

Akira will most likely flop, when are anime/manga adapted movies a success? Of course that's the type movie they offer him as opposed to something bankable (can you not see the obvious flags here).

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Actually, black male directors have been lowkey making classics with the exception of a few (Tyler Perry, Lee Daniels). Ryan Coogler, Antoine Fuqua are dope.
nikka who gives a fukk about his race. That literally has shyt to do with anything I brought up.

I just never thought I'd ever read someone wanting Snyder and Bay to direct a movie :dead:

I'd rather give Coogler a shot or the john wick brehs. Snyder and bay put out trash
JOhn Wick guys don't have the eye for CGI action and edits to do Akira. I don't like much of Coogler's work and I don't think he's shown enough to direct this type of visual spectacal, it isn't his wheel house.