Warner Brothers eyeing Jordan Peele to direct 'Akira'

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Okay buddy, you lost me after the second time of accusing me to "making up shyt to be offended by". Good luck with the rest of your shyt taste.:yeshrug:
When you literally make shyt up to complain about, how can I not address it.
You literally trying to sit in this thread and act like linking The comedian to the Kennedy assasination is absurd in the movie, when its only done in the movie in the opening montage, which is nothing but a fan wink to shyt in the comics which allude to comedian being involved in the kennedy assasination, show the lesbian hero kissing in the parade, and etc.

Its a joke what you are trying to do

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
When you literally make shyt up to complain about, how can I not address it.
You literally trying to sit in this thread and act like linking The comedian to the Kennedy assasination is absurd in the movie, when its only done in the movie in the opening montage, which is nothing but a fan wink to shyt in the comics which allude to comedian being involved in the kennedy assasination, show the lesbian hero kissing in the parade, and etc.

Its a joke what you are trying to do

And here I was thinking the person suggesting Snyder and Bay to direct Akira is a joke.:jbhmm:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
What is there about Peele and Get Out that says "Akira" ?
If anything this is the perfect project for Snyder or Bay on strictly visual basis and action.

Its official to me though, Time Warner CEO needs to fire WB management. These folks are hyper reactive and have no idea what they are doing.
Agreed

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
How the fukk are they setting him up to fail? "Akira" will probably have a $125 million dollar budget. Time for a Black dude to helm one of these major budget movies.
If/when it bombs they will go "see? see what happens when you..... :mjpls:"

It's a fukking trap. Peele ain't a anime breh like that, and Akira is a classic. The fallout would be devastating. I'm all for evolution but this would be like sending a rookie Lebron to go play baseball

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

It's a fukking trap. Peele ain't a anime breh like that, and Akira is a classic. The fallout would be devastating. I'm all for evolution but this would be like sending a rookie Lebron to go play baseball

No they wont because film studios aren't interested in producing 100 million dollars movies only for them to tank. If they hire him for the job they will give him everything he needs to succeed. and even if it doesn't sale well. As long as it's reviewed well then he's straight either way it goes.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not really. If Akira failed then he still has his 3 social horror films to make. Chances are they wouldn't be big budget movies. He made Get Out for 5 million so he could always get budgets in that range or just higher. He'll always have a lane as long as he writes smart material. The only fallout would be having to work his way back up to the big budget films and I don't think he's really out to do that.

I'd rather not see Akira be remade but I think his attention to detail would lead to a better story than a director who's primary skill is visuals. Snyder wouldn't get Tetsuo and Kaneda's relationship right.

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Get ready for fanboy outrage x1000 if Peele gets to direct either one of those big budget properties. Btw, I'm certain he's capable of doing either one.