Walking > Running

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Just about. Of course I tend to slack on the weekend or have days where I'm just not feeling it. Working from home helpsz I be knockin them bytches out between tickets :lift: even added a weight vest recently
Pics of results?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Switch them up in terms of difficulty

Let's say you can do 20 plain pushups in a row. Then your body is adjusted to them. Switch it up. Elevate your legs to put more weight on your arms and chest. Do a wide stance to target different muscles. Diamond hands. Eventually you may be able to do them with one hand. You get the idea... Keep pushing

Yeah I switch them up so it doesn't get repetitive, but it's one of those exercises that always feel like work even if I'm only knocking out 10 or 20.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Y’all are being ridiculous as usual :martin:

Brehs in here beating each other off bc they run all the time. That’s great, but it’s a fact that you DO NOT have to run to lose weight when paired with walking and lifting and eating right. Everyone has different training goals and yes, running everyday has way more wear and tear on the body especially for overweight people

Theres more than one way to skin a cat lol, or shed a big back :russ:

First off, pause. :dame:

Second off, Oh Pee literally made a bullshyt thread with no evidence (factual or anecdotal) and thought #ColiFitGang wasn’t gonna say nothing? fukk that.
:camby:

Like I said, almost 50% of black people are obese. Not fluffy, not thick, coli thick, not overweight, clinically obese. :scust:

Ninjas in here telling y’all to exercise harder and fat/lazy fukks started huffing and puffing back.
:snoop:

And just like folks can autoregulate their bullshyt push-ups and periodize their calisthenics training, they can do the same thing with running to reduce the strain it puts on the body, accomplish multiple goals, and improve recovery.
:ufdup:

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Y’all are being ridiculous as usual :martin:

Brehs in here beating each other off bc they run all the time. That’s great, but it’s a fact that you DO NOT have to run to lose weight when paired with walking and lifting and eating right. Everyone has different training goals and yes, running everyday has way more wear and tear on the body especially for overweight people

Theres more than one way to skin a cat lol, or shed a big back :russ:

This all we saying right here

We found one. 😂. “Beating each other off because they run all the time.”

How are we being ridiculous when OP came in here saying walking > running off that statement alone?

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
they kicked OP out the running club........

now he's with the mall walkers :scust:

Beautiful ! These brothas and sistas are 101, 85, 82 years old! As I said!!! It’s more sustainable especially long term. Ain’t gotta tape your knees and shyt.

Not saying don’t run… but walking is good for you

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Coli breh came in here and created a thread with an opinion like it's fact without backing it up with any objective facts, empirical data, or studies.

:mjlol:
*insert thecoli.com gif*
Bro imagine clipping off 600 cals in that amount of time. Would allow you a lot of flexibility and freedom in what you can eat. This is why I started running! Amazing pic.
This is exactly the reason why i run cause i can basically eat wtf i want, been had all the restaurants around me trained to know my order when i pull up:wow:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah I switch them up so it doesn't get repetitive, but it's one of those exercises that always feel like work even if I'm only knocking out 10 or 20.

It's supposed to be :pachaha:

You're using your arms/chest to push your body weight up

But also, I do think that because it's hard to progressively overload push-ups, you'll always feel that difficulty. Like when I started benching, 135 lb felt heavy. Now, 185 lb feels heavy, but 135 lb feels easier to push through.

I think it's partly psychological. If you stay at the same difficulty, your body won't adjust. If you keep on increasing the load, eventually what you start with becomes easy.

Just my 2 cents though

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps

First off, pause. :dame:

Second off, Oh Pee literally made a bullshyt thread with no evidence (factual or anecdotal) and thought #ColiFitGang wasn’t gonna say nothing? fukk that.
:camby:

Like I said, almost 50% of black people are obese. Not fluffy, not thick, coli thick, not overweight, clinically obese. :scust:

Ninjas in here telling y’all to exercise harder and fat/lazy fukks started huffing and puffing back.
:snoop:

And just like folks can autoregulate their bullshyt push-ups and periodize their calisthenics training, they can do the same thing with running to reduce the strain it puts on the body, accomplish multiple goals, and improve recovery.
:ufdup:

We found one. 😂. “Beating each other off because they run all the time.”

How are we being ridiculous when OP came in here saying walking > running off that statement alone?
Perfect, the hit dogs hollered

Yall stuck on the thread title, but there have been more than enough grounded posts in here that have provided evidence and context that you do not need to run to lose weight. Yall went the other direction as OP, both on extreme sides, touting the superiority of running :mjlol: Obese people do not need to run to lose weight, or to increase their cardio health! Like what are we even talking about here? :heh:

Like stated multiple times, there’s a time and place for running but walking can be used as well to reap similar benefits. If you’re trying to be an athlete, of course run. The best advice anyone looking to get in shape can get is eat less/healthier and move more than they currently are

Last edited:

TezMilli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD via Brick City
I agree

My uncle said running wears ur shocks
Dunno how true this is

But I can walk miles
Yup. I've had two different doctors tell me the same thing. And they said it doesn't matter how good the running shoes are

Along with the wear and tear on your knees

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I’m really tryna understand what OP is getting at. This thread is giving off big back energy.

WebMD will tell you right here you get more health benefits out of a run than a walk.
Which specific health benefits though?

Walking and sprinting have been shown to burn fat more effectively than running

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Black folks (especially brehettes :usure:) have literally never been fatter in this country and folks in here talmbout injuries and wear and tear like they're NFL running backs with too many carries, like carrying around half an extra person everyday isn't fukking with their joints too? How much wear and tear do diabetes and heart disease do? Death? If y'all don't get your fat asses running.:mjlol:

Six certs, 6 figs, 6 feet.... at least 6 miles a week, tubby. :ufdup:

And half the motherfukkers in this thread ain't even weight training too?
Triple H GIFs | Tenor

Do you get off on being a dikk? Or are you overcompensating for deficiencies in other aspects of your life?

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Which specific health benefits though?

Walking and sprinting have been shown to burn fat more effectively than running
Calorie deficit. That’s literally all that matters for fat loss. Running, walking, sprinting all get you there in different levels of efficiency. Theres studies that Low intensity exercises like walking put you in a fat burning zone for longer so they’re preferred, but jogging can be good for people whose heart rates don’t get moved by LISS any longer. So all these are just tools in someone’s tool box and your training goals matter the most

An athlete who needs to run and recover quickly may sprint and jog in between for example. Eat better, gain muscle, those are the main keys for anyone.