Walking > Running

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You running away from the question. This feels like a vicious cycle :mjpls:

You want me to walk you through your anger issues? It will go swimmingly

I'm not angry at all though, I'm just angry dapping. :pachaha:

Y'all the ones tripping over smiley faces that are a different color than you expected. :mjpls:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I'm not angry at all though, I'm just angry dapping. :pachaha:

Y'all the ones tripping over smiley faces that are a different color than you expected. :mjpls:

I'm not tripping either. I'm on the book thread. It's like coli folks are getting mature and trying to improve

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
If you don't have interest in doing marathons and don't find it exciting, I agree. Can get a lot done with walking and it's better on the bones.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
And I know non-meatheads like you talk tough behind a keyboard but get real respectful when talking to said meatheads in real life. :shaq:

Nah I just give y'all 6 ft in real life. No idea where the roids got y'all mentally :pachaha:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll order online thanks

It’s also my flatness that’s the issue. But they look good for flat feet
There's plenty of running stores in tx. Just Google. No academy, no dikks, not even footlocker.

A store dedicated for people who walk or run. They're everywhere. Find one.
I walk like 10k steps a day for work. Still fat as ever. Walking is a fraud workout

You cant out walk (or run) a bad diet. Eat reasonably and walk and additional 10k steps after or before work. Then come back and tell us if you're still far as ever.

My boy lost weight because he quit smoking. Now he walks. He was never athletic. Doesn't do the gym really. He quit smoking and started walking twice a day and eats simple. A couple sandwiches. No sodas, no juices, no milk.

The walks make him tired at the end of the day which makes it easier for him to sleep to combat the cravings, but he wakes up craving cigarettes. So he walks in the morning before work, then after work, and sometimes a 3rd walk and hour or 2 before bed. No wife, no kids so nothing to hold him back.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I'd argue its easier to intermittent fast or OMAD than count calories. Just eat less times and you'll be in caloric deficit automatically while giving your organs a rest. At first you can get really hungry but after a while that shyt goes away. I can intermittent fast but I see brehs around me who are :flabbynsick: and they'd never skip meals and if they count calories they have a had time still cutting down cause they want one more bite and their appetite is stimulated

I feel OP is saying the truth on walking. For some reason the activity of doing that all the time vs just having one quick session of trying to burn calories leads to burning more fat or at least gets your blood circulating. If its a casual stroll in a quiet place its meditative and relaxing.

At the end of the day I guess it's about personal preference. There was a time I was cycling for an hour everyday and I shed more weight intermittent fasting and walking. I think it's better for older people and for overweight people when starting cause its easier on the joints and more sustainable. Then they can switch it up

yeah it is. At the very minimum it should be incorporated as part of your day. Going and knocking out the exercises you want to do is cool. But this is a sustainable lifestyle goal. If brehs want it harder they can go hike or something.

But again, to each their own. But walking is a good idea is my opinion as well

IF is still controlling calories- I do IF and have done it for 2 years with good success

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You cant out walk (or run) a bad diet.

*Putting the matter of health aside for a second*

You actually can out-run/lift/cycle/swim a “bad” diet, it’s just impractical for most folks to do so since they either don’t have the metabolism for it or they won't dedicate enough exercise time to do so.
:yeshrug:

Yeah, eating like shyt and doing a bro split consisting of isos while skipping legs every week won’t have you looking right. Lift heavy on a well-structured program focused on barbell compound lifts 5-6+ times a week for 2 and a half, 3 hours+ a clip and you can eat whatever the damn hell you want.

Most folks don’t want to admit that they’re actually not working out hard enough to eat like shyt and still look good.
Gym-Kermit.png

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
*Putting the matter of health aside for a second*

You actually can out-run/lift/cycle/swim a “bad” diet, it’s just impractical for most folks to do so since they either don’t have the metabolism for it or they won't dedicate enough exercise time to do so.
:yeshrug:

Yeah, eating like shyt and doing a bro split consisting of isos while skipping legs every week won’t have you looking right. Lift heavy on a well-structured program focused on barbell compound lifts 5-6+ times a week for 2 and a half, 3 hours+ a clip and you can eat whatever the damn hell you want.

Most folks don’t want to admit that they’re actually not working out hard enough to eat like shyt and still look good.
Gym-Kermit.png
It's possible, but it's not sustainable for the majority of the population.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Screenshot-20240724-082439.png

Here's a no effort walk. From this morning. Incline on 12.

Speed was 3mph. My heart rate started to jump out of zone so I lowered it and raised it accordingly.

Effort wise it felt like I didn't do anything. All burn, no effort.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Ive had to quit running. Heels and ankles have this nagging little pain that surfaces every time I go for a run. Even if I wait months in between. That's telling me that my time for running on the reg has passed.

Walking is coo. It takes like an hour to get a good workout tho. I been doing 30 min every day lately and that seems sustainable. An hour a day was too much on my legs, I found. But I be walking walking. Fast as I can.