Walking > Running

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Swear there was a study a couple years ago that basically said jogging had no benefits over just walking at a decent pace and over a solid distance.

nBvjj8P.jpg

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Walking is indeed as effective for calorie burn as running

Especially if you’re lifting: it’s low maintenance so can be done more often, less recovery, and people can do it bc it’s less daunting than running. Also to add, low intensity steady state can be helpful to burn fat

Running though has more cardiovascular benefit past just calorie burn. Good for the heart and can be done in less time, but not as often for most people

It depends on your goals in training, but for the most part a brisk 30 minute walk 3 times a week will help most people lose some weight granted they aren’t eating like a big back

Last edited:
Daps
i guess it depends on how much time you have. if i only have a lil bit of time to then turn the speed up on that treadmill. if I have time, a walk around the neighborhood.... and a brisk walk on the treadmill lol

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Walking is relaxing. You get time to really pull your thoughts in and creatively think out concepts you've been working on, beyond the new ideas and past realizations that come to mind. It's freeing and has less impact on your joints. It's good for mind, heart and circulation.

It really doesn't tire you out the same way and if you can hold a conversation while walking it generally speaks very well of your overall health. I regularly talk to myself while walking to test how my breathing is. Earlier this year I was scared of my breathing getting worse, but I was being lazy and staying in too long, not walking on a regular basis. Since walking more my breathing has gotten much better and I generally feel better overall. Stay hydrated of course.

So much comes to me while walking. I start reflecting on life, thinking about God, life, death, nostalgia, family, friends, and peace in general. It's really the best form of exercise. It's good for anger, stress, depression and grief. Take some time and walk around, your mind can really take you places.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
I agree

My uncle said running wears ur shocks
Dunno how true this is

But I can walk miles
Yeah running is why a lot of ppl’s knees and joints hurt, ppl have constant injuries and soreness… can be taxing on your system if you go too hard… and to me, ppl who run a lot tend to look older and a little sickly…idk why or if that’s a correlation tho. gotta keep buying all these expensive ass running shoes and gear.

Not saying running is terrible. 1-2 (10-30 min) runs a week are good. It helps with sexual performance and endurance… but walking is the goat 🐐

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Yeah running is why a lot of ppl’s knees and joints hurt, ppl have constant injuries and soreness… can be taxing on your system if you go too hard… and to me, ppl who run a lot tend to look older and a little sickly…idk why or if that’s a correlation tho. gotta keep buying all these expensive ass running shoes and gear.

Not saying running is terrible. 1-2 (10-30 min) runs a week are good. It helps with sexual performance and endurance… but walking is the goat 🐐

No

Being washed is why people’s joints and knees hurt

Any pro or sub elite runner putting up 100+ miles a week will tell you that high mileage is fine. You see far more knee ailments with football, soccer and basketball players easily.

Runners will deal with aches from normal use but it’s expected and you take care of your recovery as expect but it’s insane to assume you’ll wreck your knees by running. The damn leg is designed for running.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I know running clubs have gained popularity this year but walking is better than running overall.

As in avid runner I can assure I’m more fit than anyone in this thread who strictly walks. If we gotta post pics of physique I’m more than up for that. Pause.

I didn’t even want to take it there but please don’t ever try to say walking is “better” than running.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
As in avid runner I can assure I’m more fit than anyone in this thread who strictly walks. If we gotta post pics of physique I’m more than up for that. Pause.

I didn’t even want to take it there but please don’t ever try to say walking is “better” than running.
You act like people can’t do other cardio or weight lifiting and still be a walker > runner. I definitely got in the best shape of my life alternating walks, incline treadmill, and spin and kickboxing as my cardio + weights, vs the places where we’d do a lot of running and sprints + weights

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You act like people can’t do other cardio or weight lifiting and still be a walker > runner. I definitely got in the best shape of my life alternating walks, incline treadmill, and spin and kickboxing as my cardio + weights, vs the places where we’d do a lot of running and sprints + weights

Good for you. You got in the best shape of your life doing other shyt other than just walking so that wasn’t for you. OP kicked off a thread stating walking > running and I disagree.