Walking > Running

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Good shyt breh!

It is absolutely feasible. I would recommend a couple of days of rest during the week and to make absolutely sure you stretch daily. I know of some folks who do run everyday, but I’ve found to have my strongest runs after a day or two off. With that being said yes it is, just be mindful to give your body a rest.
I’ll see what my body tells me then.

I have flat and wide feet. Have any advice for good running shoes? I’ve looked up the best shoes but they’re often from old lists and often discontinued.

That 600 cals is throughout the day breh. I usually burn about 200-300 if I only run two miles.
Still good.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Son Goku said:
In 2017–March 2020, non-Hispanic Black adults had the highest obesity prevalence (49.9%) followed by Hispanic (45.6%), non-Hispanic White (41.4%), and non-Hispanic Asian (16.1%) adults.

Black folks (especially brehettes :usure:) have literally never been fatter in this country and folks in here talmbout injuries and wear and tear like they're NFL running backs with too many carries, like carrying around half an extra person everyday isn't fukking with their joints too? How much wear and tear do diabetes and heart disease do? Death? If y'all don't get your fat asses running.:mjlol:

Six certs, 6 figs, 6 feet.... at least 6 miles a week, tubby. :ufdup:

And half the motherfukkers in this thread ain't even weight training too?
Triple H GIFs | Tenor

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’ll see what my body tells me then.

I have flat and wide feet. Have any advice for good running shoes? I’ve looked up the best shoes but they’re often from old lists and often discontinued.

Still good.

Avoid Adidas and possibly Nike. I’m a Nike fan but don’t think they cater to wide feet.

ASICS Kayano.
ASICS Noosa.
Saucony.
New Balance.

Wish I could help more but you’ll find a lot of information on r/RunningShoeGeeks.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Avoid Adidas and possibly Nike. I’m a Nike fan but don’t think they cater to wide feet.

ASICS Kayano.
ASICS Noosa.
Saucony.
New Balance.

Wish I could help more but you’ll find a lot of information on r/RunningShoeGeeks.
Where can I find Saucony in store? Is there a running shoe store? I go to the main athletic shoe store here in Texas (Academy) and they don’t have Saucony.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Black folks (especially brehettes :usure:) have literally never been fatter in this country and folks in here talmbout injuries and wear and tear like they're NFL running backs with too many carries, like carrying around half an extra person everyday isn't fukking with their joints too? How much wear and tear do diabetes and heart disease do? Death? If y'all don't get your fat asses running.:mjlol:

Six certs, 6 figs, 6 feet.... at least 6 miles a week, tubby. :ufdup:

And half the motherfukkers in this thread ain't even weight training too?
Triple H GIFs | Tenor

The Big Back Congregation will do anything to avoid putting real work in.

Anytime I see a run club video where they separate the pace in groups guess what body type you gonna see more in the “walking” group opposed to anybody running under a sub 11.

:mjlol:

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Where can I find Saucony in store? Is there a running shoe store? I go to the main athletic shoe store here in Texas (Academy) and they don’t have Saucony.

I’ve copped my running shoes as well at Academy or dikkS. :dame:

I’m not sure fam when it comes to Saucony but I’ve heard in person and online they do well with folks with wide feet.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
This Coli breh came in here and created a thread with an opinion like it's fact without backing it up with any objective facts, empirical data, or studies.

:mjlol:

Running will always be objectively better exercise for weight loss, calorie expenditure, cardiovascular...

But walking is far more sustainable daily and long-term. I swapped running for incline treadmill walking and walking outside with a weighted vest. I got no problem doing it pretty much everyday with no soreness and decreased injury risk

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's impressive. I can knock out some push ups but it's always been one of those exercises that is not easy for me to do. No matter how many I do daily it always feels like a challenge.

Switch them up in terms of difficulty

Let's say you can do 20 plain pushups in a row. Then your body is adjusted to them. Switch it up. Elevate your legs to put more weight on your arms and chest. Do a wide stance to target different muscles. Diamond hands. Eventually you may be able to do them with one hand. You get the idea... Keep pushing

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Y’all are being ridiculous as usual :martin:

Brehs in here beating each other off bc they run all the time. That’s great, but it’s a fact that you DO NOT have to run to lose weight when paired with walking and lifting and eating right. Everyone has different training goals and yes, running everyday has way more wear and tear on the body especially for overweight people

Theres more than one way to skin a cat lol, or shed a big back :russ:

Running will always be objectively better exercise for weight loss, calorie expenditure, cardiovascular...

But walking is far more sustainable daily and long-term. I swapped running for incline treadmill walking and walking outside with a weighted vest. I got no problem doing it pretty much everyday with no soreness and decreased injury risk
This all we saying right here

419scam

The Super Duper
Daps
They not walking enough 10k-20k steps a day >___
casual 10k steps a day a myth unless you got the day off or are unemployed, takes around 2 hours of constant walking, aint nobody got time for that .gif

Last edited: