Walking > Running

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I run to workout
Walk well to walk
Wtf is this thread on
fukk I look like walking for 10k wasting my god damn time when I can do it under 50 mins or walking 5k-6kin when I can run it in 25-30 mins and be done with my workout :dahell:

I’m really tryna understand what OP is getting at. This thread is giving off big back energy.

WebMD will tell you right here you get more health benefits out of a run than a walk.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
fukk a walk or a run you betta be doin ya damn pushups nikka :mjtf:
400-500 daily AND a nice lil 5k
why-not-both-why-not.gif

OP... I even WALK to the park for the RUN
the-rap-battle.gif

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
I’m really tryna understand what OP is getting at. This thread is giving off big back energy.

WebMD will tell you right here you get more health benefits out of a run than a walk.
10k-20k steps a day brother. Most Americans are probably averaging 5k steps cuz they drive everywhere unless you living in NYC, Chicago, Philly, DC etc… walkable cities

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
You do that many push ups everyday?
Just about. Of course I tend to slack on the weekend or have days where I'm just not feeling it. Working from home helpsz I be knockin them bytches out between tickets :lift: even added a weight vest recently

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Just about. Of course I tend to slack on the weekend or have days where I'm just not feeling it. Working from home helpsz I be knockin them bytches out between tickets :lift: even added a weight vest recently

That's impressive. I can knock out some push ups but it's always been one of those exercises that is not easy for me to do. No matter how many I do daily it always feels like a challenge.

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
Its either walking or sprinting you're wasting your time doing anything else

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I walk and run at the same time. I’ll go for a walk and then every now and then I’ll run for a minute or two and then go back to power walking. I used to be walker but I find unless you do 10k steps a day its utility isn’t that high if you’re just walking for exercise. Eventually I want to build up to running 5k daily. A walk by itself I never feel like I actually worked out, emphasis on work. After a walk/run combo I come home drenched with sweat, have amazing sleep, and it removes stress.

After a walk/run I then do pushups.

As in avid runner I can assure I’m more fit than anyone in this thread who strictly walks. If we gotta post pics of physique I’m more than up for that. Pause.

I didn’t even want to take it there but please don’t ever try to say walking is “better” than running.
Hey brother. Is doing 5k daily feasible? Mind if I pm?

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
10k-20k steps a day brother. Most Americans are probably averaging 5k steps cuz they drive everywhere unless you living in NYC, Chicago, Philly, DC etc… walkable cities

You can run as little as two miles which takes less than 20 minutes and can achieve that with a little walking after just going about your day.

How is walking still better than just running?

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
You can run as little as two miles which takes less than 20 minutes and can achieve that with a little walking after just going about your day.

How is walking still better than just running?
Bro imagine clipping off 600 cals in that amount of time. Would allow you a lot of flexibility and freedom in what you can eat. This is why I started running! Amazing pic.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I walk and run at the same time. I’ll go for a walk and then every now and then I’ll run for a minute or two and then go back to power walking. I used to be walker but I find unless you do 10k steps a day its utility isn’t that high if you’re just walking for exercise. Eventually I want to build up to running 5k daily. A walk by itself I never feel like I actually worked out, emphasis on work. After a walk/run combo I come home drenched with sweat, have amazing sleep, and it removes stress.

After a walk/run I then do pushups.

Hey brother. Is doing 5k daily feasible? Mind if I pm?

Good shyt breh!

It is absolutely feasible. I would recommend a couple of days of rest during the week and to make absolutely sure you stretch daily. I know of some folks who do run everyday, but I’ve found to have my strongest runs after a day or two off. With that being said yes it is, just be mindful to give your body a rest.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
That's impressive. I can knock out some push ups but it's always been one of those exercises that is not easy for me to do. No matter how many I do daily it always feels like a challenge.
Nah, just consistency. I DID build up from 200... 300... 400 but even then, I'm not sure I was ever sore from it.

Now chin ups and pullups on the otherhand will have me too sore to do them the next day(s) if I'm not careful