Walking > Running

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
The Big Back Congregation will do anything to avoid putting real work in.

Anytime I see a run club video where they separate the pace in groups guess what body type you gonna see more in the “walking” group opposed to anybody running under a sub 11.

:mjlol:
:mjgrin:yall talking shyt...let's see yall run time full gassers....

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:mjgrin:my orthopedic Dr swore up and down my injuries and disability came from playing college and pro....nope...it's cause I was born crippled and decided to play HS when I shouldn't have.

2x Bulging Disc's L3 and L4
1x Degenerating L4
1x Pinched Femural Nerve
1x Degenerative Arthritic Hip
1x Degenerative Arthritic Knee

Oh and I got Tinnitus from laying Wood on the Line of Scrimmage

I started walking with my walker (fukking Godsend and I had to tell an old man who had a cane today to give up the cane and get a walker.)

That shyt is fun as fukk! I can't run unless it's life or death so I walk 4 miles a day and lift weights all on keto...in 2 weeks I dropped 16 lbs.

Mostly Water Weight but the inches are melting off. In about 3 months Imma be back in football shape sans running.

Today my gym session was amazing.

Skipped right on over this due to me being an a$$hole but that is amazing shyt breh.

My Mom is 62 years old and got her pro card in bodybuilding 10 years ago after a knee replacement surgery. Kid you not she was walking 7+ miles a day and this is when she was in her 40s/50s. She’s a personal trainer now and also teaches HIIT/Boot camp classes a few times a week to stay in shape but to this day she puts women who are in their 30s on up to shame. I’m pretty much proving @OneManGang point and some others me admitting that but all in all as long as you’re putting that work in you will yield results.

Keep it up breh. Proud of you.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I love walking
I love walking and listening to music or podcasts, or even listening to debates.
Try hiking, maybe even just a long walk in the woods that has a trail, hiking can be on flat land too i'm just saying.

HOWEVER............ NO!
Increasing your heart rate is not less better than not!
Read about VO2 Max, countless benefits.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Eat a whole dikk with some sides and a soda, I didn't even quote you.
:mjlol:

That's either your boyfriend, your alt, or you're a fat motherfukker your damn self, huh?
:lolbron:

Only hit obese dogs in here hollering.
:umad:

That must be your favorite food pairing :mjlol:

No I just know meatheads like you who overcompensate in the gym and look down on others as a distraction from the prevailing mediocrity in other aspects of their lives :pachaha:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
That must be your favorite food pairing :mjlol:

No I just know meatheads like you who overcompensate in the gym and look down on others as a distraction from the prevailing mediocrity in other aspects of their lives :pachaha:

And I know non-meatheads like you talk tough behind a keyboard but get real respectful when talking to said meatheads in real life. :shaq:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I run mainly for runners high and stress relief.

Easiest way to turn my mood around is to run 5k. Just feel different after. My issue is I get knee pain, ankle pain, shin splints and shyt. So now I've been doing a little less running 2 days a week instead of 4 and been doing yoga/HIIT/gym 3-4 days a week

Cycling doesn't even hit like running does and cycling is pretty dope. The great part about cycling is that it's low impact on the body. So for my Running>Cycling>Walking

I feel like once I hit 40+ I'm going to be a cyclist instead of a runner.

Last edited:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
I’ll see what my body tells me then.

I have flat and wide feet. Have any advice for good running shoes? I’ve looked up the best shoes but they’re often from old lists and often discontinued.

Still good.
Wide and flat feet, check out hoka they are wide shoes and have even wider options. But it's better if you go to a running shoe store and take to an expert, they'll fit you in a good pair

Another is brooks glycerine gts, extra stability for that shoe and it also has wide options. I use my brooks one day, then use my hokas the next

Last edited:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
bc they still consume way more calories than they burn- control your calories consistently and the rest will fall in place

I'd argue its easier to intermittent fast or OMAD than count calories. Just eat less times and you'll be in caloric deficit automatically while giving your organs a rest. At first you can get really hungry but after a while that shyt goes away. I can intermittent fast but I see brehs around me who are :flabbynsick: and they'd never skip meals and if they count calories they have a had time still cutting down cause they want one more bite and their appetite is stimulated

I feel OP is saying the truth on walking. For some reason the activity of doing that all the time vs just having one quick session of trying to burn calories leads to burning more fat or at least gets your blood circulating. If its a casual stroll in a quiet place its meditative and relaxing.

At the end of the day I guess it's about personal preference. There was a time I was cycling for an hour everyday and I shed more weight intermittent fasting and walking. I think it's better for older people and for overweight people when starting cause its easier on the joints and more sustainable. Then they can switch it up
Beautiful ! These brothas and sistas are 101, 85, 82 years old! As I said!!! It’s more sustainable especially long term. Ain’t gotta tape your knees and shyt.

Not saying don’t run… but walking is good for you

yeah it is. At the very minimum it should be incorporated as part of your day. Going and knocking out the exercises you want to do is cool. But this is a sustainable lifestyle goal. If brehs want it harder they can go hike or something.

But again, to each their own. But walking is a good idea is my opinion as well

Last edited: