Walking > Running

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walking is currently saving my life. Was diagnosed with fatty liver disease and pre diabetes and was told I need to lost at least 10-20% of my body weight. Down 30 pounds in a few months just by walking 5 miles a day.

I absolutely love it because it's something I can do at the drop of a hat. I don't have to mentally prepare myself for a grueling workout. I can go and get 5 miles in at 10pm if I needed to. I also can walk A LOT longer than I can run so I am burning MORE calories per workout.

It's easy therefore theres not much excuse for me not to do it.

I like to walk outside so it gives me things to look at or if I'm at the park, I can people watch. Makes it not as boring as walking on a threadmill.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
This is cap

But if it’s not you eating them calories back like theres no tomorrow

My example is

A Coke has like 300 calories. That equals 3 miles to burn that off. Casually walking, it would take you an hour.

The best thing is to drink water instead.

People be walking slow as they can for 20 minutes and then think "Now I can eat half a pizza cause I done worked out"

Diet is easily 70% of it. Working out makes your systems run better and burns some calories but it's the fine point of fitness.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Walking is currently saving my life. Was diagnosed with fatty liver disease and pre diabetes and was told I need to lost at least 10-20% of my body weight. Down 30 pounds in a few months just by walking 5 miles a day.

I absolutely love it because it's something I can do at the drop of a hat. I don't have to mentally prepare myself for a grueling workout. I can go and get 5 miles in at 10pm if I needed to. I also can walk A LOT longer than I can run so I am burning MORE calories per workout.

It's easy therefore theres not much excuse for me not to do it.

I like to walk outside so it gives me things to look at or if I'm at the park, I can people watch. Makes it not as boring as walking on a threadmill.
:salute: :salute:

KillerPups

All Star
Daps
This is cap

But if it’s not you eating them calories back like theres no tomorrow
You right. It is cap.

I actually started here at the hospital I work at like 185 a year ago... I was pushing 205 until I got on that ozempic a couple months ago.

I don't even eat THAT much

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
You right. It is cap.

I actually started here at the hospital I work at like 185 a year ago... I was pushing 205 until I got on that ozempic a couple months ago.

I don't even eat THAT much
Were you eating quality food? Not snacking, lattes, “fruit juices” are loaded with sugar, processed food etc

KillerPups

All Star
Daps
Were you eating quality food? Not snacking, lattes, “fruit juices” are loaded with sugar, processed food etc
Nothing crazy just 3 meals a day. Drink mostly water or beer during lunch. Now I drink black coffee for breakfast and cut our most of that drinking until the weekend and do a light lunch.

Hit the gym like 2x a week so I'm getting back on track. Ozempic got me getting full on half what I used to eat real talk.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
@ConPHIdential @Wildin got me some running shoes (some brooks) and LOVE them. I have wide and flat feet so shoes rarely feel like feel good but these are amazing. I was fitted and sized up at Fleet Feet and they took care of my flat and wide foot needs. I have never had shoes with this kind of support ever and it feels like walking/running on clouds. I adore these. I didn’t know it was possible for shoes to feel so good.

Daps
Walking is indeed as effective for calorie burn as running

Especially if you’re lifting: it’s low maintenance so can be done more often, less recovery, and people can do it bc it’s less daunting than running. Also to add, low intensity steady state can be helpful to burn fat

Running though has more cardiovascular benefit past just calorie burn. Good for the heart and can be done in less time, but not as often for most people

It depends on your goals in training, but for the most part a brisk 30 minute walk 3 times a week will help most people lose some weight granted they aren’t eating like a big back
Agree.

If you can run a few miles per day, you'll "feel" more fit than someone that walks the same distance. Good to mix it up. Run on Monday, walk on Tuesday. Get some weight lifting in a few times/week too and you're good.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@ConPHIdential @Wildin got me some running shoes (some brooks) and LOVE them. I have wide and flat feet so shoes rarely feel like feel good but these are amazing. I was fitted and sized up at Fleet Feet and they took care of my flat and wide foot needs. I have never had shoes with this kind of support ever and it feels like walking/running on clouds. I adore these. I didn’t know it was possible for shoes to feel so good.

Fleet feet is good. That's one of the places I go.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Today I rucked.

I walked while wearing a weighted backback. Put clothes in it and a water bottle in the middle. Did a routine walk and it was quite an exercise. My smartwatch reads it as if I ran for a full hour but I didn't. I'll start one doing it twice a week and then build to three-four times a week.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Walking is great problem is it takes so much damn time. I got into walking my dog an hour a few times a week. That’s a lot of your free time after work. Thats why city people are skinny. They get all the exercise they need just commuting.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Today I rucked.

I walked while wearing a weighted backback. Put clothes in it and a water bottle in the middle. Did a routine walk and it was quite an exercise. My smartwatch reads it as if I ran for a full hour but I didn't. I'll start one doing it twice a week and then build to three-four times a week.

Yep this is great exercise. Our ancestors walked a lot… hell even in 70s and before ppl just walked… not so much running

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Walking is great problem is it takes so much damn time. I got into walking my dog an hour a few times a week. That’s a lot of your free time after work. Thats why city people are skinny. They get all the exercise they need just commuting.
Facts