Trump aides alarmed he's 'just golfing all day and stewing' as election slips away: WaPo

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
When he loses in November, I hope the media finally stops covering Trump. I thought that would happen in 2021, but every outlet - whether it was news, talk shows, or social media - kept bringing him up because Biden was and still can be boring. Now he’s been an ex-President almost as long as he was in office. After November, it’s time to stop giving him the attention he craves. Let him crawl back to Mar-a-Lago and stew over the fact that he had four years to make a positive impact and squandered it. He’ll be remembered as one of the worst Presidents in history. Hopefully, that realization will be more painful for him than sitting in a jail cell, which I doubt he’ll ever see.

Nope, he's got multiple felony cases that are going to drag out for years.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Kamala gonna win in a historic landslide and the plantation jubilee will keep Negroes stuck in perpetual disarray and nothing is gonna change. These negroes are bought and paid for by the Dems.

Congratulations on ya new Massa
I will tell you what won’t change. Your abilities as an artist. You paint like you don’t have any hands :huhldup:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The debate is gonna tell us a lot. I don't think he's going to properly prepare, and whatever plan he has in his head will go out the window the minute Harris attacks him on stage. Maybe Harris looks/sounds like an amateur and flops but I genuinely think she's going to pop him. She's done a surprisingly good job of not listening to her advisers when the time comes. They wanted her to scrap "we're not going back," she refused. They wanted Shapiro, she went with Walz. I'd bet money they're going to give her the typical "woman candidate" advice about not looking too assertive/aggressive for fear or being perceived as a bytch. Biden displayed in 2020 that the only way you can properly debate Trump is by dominating him aggressively. Doesn't mean she has to talk over Trump, say "shut up" etc. She won't do that. But she can belittle and clown him to the point that he explodes.

If that happens the election might be over, barring major scandal or a meltdown. She has all the momentum. The other danger IMO is that because of how well her campaign has gone, there will be a media incentive to start a new narrative. The Trump comeback. Or question whether Kamala is up to the task because she dared tell the media to fukk off (they're mad). If Kamala gives them any excuse to run with that narrative they will.

Kamala and Trump both have easy jobs in the debate. Honestly Kamala's is a bit harder. Trump's only job is to not look old and hit his classic talking points (immigrants, inflation, crime). So long as he manages that, he can say whatever he wants and he won't lose ground. Kamala, on the other hand, has to strike the right tone of voice, remember her own talking points, and not stutter or stammer. I think it's unlikely that either will "win" the debate, it's more about which one will fukk up and lose it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Even both siders coming to their senses :blessed:

@ORDER_66 @TripleAgent come here and bend the knee to your queen :ufdup:
200w.gif

I love how @Thick_Necc_Jenkins pretends to be a #bothsider. When Trump is leading, he gloats that he doesn't care about the election, but when Kamala pulls ahead he posts depressed as all get-out.

I don't even understand why he cares about politics when all he posts about is prostitutes, his hatred for Christians, and trying to sell his artwork.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
According to a report from the Washington Post, Donald Trump's inner circle grew increasingly alarmed at his complacency during the Democratic National Convention and had to convince him to hit the road instead of spending his days playing golf and complaining.

With the Democrats sucking up all the media attention with a widely watched convention that set new standards for future productions, Trump "mused about staying home" where he reportedly golfed and grumbled about the direction the presidential campaign has taken since Vice President Kamala Harris replaced President Joe Biden as the Democrat's nominee.

The Post is reporting it has been a rough few weeks for the Trump operation that has had to shift gears as Harris and running mate Gov. Tim Walz (D-MN) made their case to the voters.

What alarmed Trump's inner circle has been his response to the changing election landscape.

As the Post's Isaac Arnsdorf, Josh Dawsey and Marianne LeVine reported, "...aides did not want a situation where he was watching the convention every night, getting angry, and then just golfing all day and stewing, according to people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private interactions. Trump also had grown annoyed with the news coverage that depicted him as not working as hard as his opponent, one person who talked to him said."

“The stakes for Trump this election are arguably the highest they’ve ever been. His criminal cases don’t go away if he loses. Yet he seems to be phoning it in, running a remarkably low-energy, undisciplined campaign,” explainedAlyssa Farah Griffin, a former Trump spokesperson. “From spending days off the campaign trail golfing to coming up with frankly weak nicknames like ‘Kamabala,’ it feels like he’s lost his mojo.”

:mjgrin:
Yeeeea he was on the green all day in Virginia on Friday.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
There’s still a lot of time left though :ufdup:

The election feels like a big gap because Kamala has momentum, but honestly it's still way too close to call. Kamala hasn't pulled out to a lead in Pennsylvania yet, she absolutely needs that AND Wisconsin (where she leads but Wisconsin always bucks the polls recently). If she doesn't get Pennsylvania, then she still needs to hold onto Wisconsin AND pull both Arizona and Georgia, where the race is still basically tied. Trump at the moment is right in position to win or lose by a couple thousand votes. I'd say it's 50-50 at the moment yet people are treating it like it's 90-10 in Kamala's favor.

Back in 2016, Hillary had a 7-point lead in August that shrunk to 1 just a month later. She then pulled out to another 7-point lead in October that shrunk to just 3 the week before election day. In the end she won by 2%.....but lost the electoral college by 80.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
He is going to try the bully move and talk over her and then lie through his fugging teeth. The problem is that she will be ready for his bullshyt like those Black female journalists were and it is clear that he doesn't know how to counter Black women. Black women are experts on playing the dozens and catching dudes in lies (see how Letitta James and Fani Willis and how they checked his punk urnge ass). He's done.
And with all this ability to see the future, why are we behind?
Debate comin' up, let's see how that play out.
Let them eat each other.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He's got multiple trials, yes, but I doubt he'll see a day in an orange jumpsuit, but we'll see.

I was pointing out that he's going to stay in the headlines for years. No way media isn't going to cover every single development in those trials, regardless of the outcome.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He leaning towards ducking the debate

He scared :mjgrin:

This is like classic self destructive behavior. Like a kid who doesn't think he can pass his math test deciding not to really study until the very last second when it's too late. And then the day of the test he doesn't show up to class.

Another thing...I think he's concerned about the optics of himself VS a woman he has called attractive. He thinks he's gonna look bad no matter what.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hillary would be absolutely livid.

You lost to a melanated person (2008) to the embodiment of misogyny(2016) and watched a melanated person (2024) get the job you always wanted. AGAIN.

Going to two biracial president inaugurations :wow:

Maybe she really has been in therapy and maybe taking some ayahuasca and shyt. Cuz any other person would be a pulsating ball of rage after taking so many Ls.

It's a tough pill for Hilary to swallow but, Kamala is more Presidential than she was. She has the aura, Hilary didn't :wow: