Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black people need to focus on ownership so we don't care what white people do.

If white people do something of interest to us cool, if not so be it, they will just continue to look foolish and nobody will support i.e. Gods of Egypt.

In most of the "dogging" of Gods of Egypt folks were talking about how Black people should be represented more so than "A dog this is trash lol"

Once again... I do not disagree that ownership is the best thing and the end goal.

We just disagree on the value (or lack thereof in your opinion) of causing things that we do not like to fail.
I think it holds value, you think it does not.

We'll agree to disagree on that one:yeshrug:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yes this is fukking bullshyt.

There’s no value in letting people or an industry know that you’re being disrespected with their hiring practices?:what:

That’s some of the dumbest shyt I’ve ever heard
Its not bullshyt. Don't go acting like a bytch on me nikka. I said what I said if you disagree show me how I'm wrong instead of asking stupid questions like a bytch. Just because you disagree doesn't make it dumb just makes you emotional but like I said online some of you nikkas love getting too emo. Its whatever do what you do

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Agreee. But, comparing a black man with a mixed and black parent to a person with a white and black parent is not comparable.
There's no way to fukking know who's "black" or "mixed" unless you run their DNA

And it's very comparable because that "black" man could have LESS African DNA than the so called "mixed" person

She’s biracial not black. Just saying. If you truly understood white supremacy — you would get my point and you would understand this full debate.
She's whatever the hell she says she is. And if you understood white supremacy then you would understand this. It has NEVER been about DNA or ancestry, and it has ALWAYS been about appearance. You look white you are white you look black you are black. That's it. There's no science or factual basis to the concept of race. Nothing to even fukking debate about.

She looks like a black woman. She told you she is a black woman. End of story.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Once again... I do not disagree that ownership is the best thing and the end goal.

We just disagree on the value (or lack thereof in your opinion) of causing things that we do not like to fail.
I think it holds value, you think it does not.

We'll agree to disagree on that one:yeshrug:
We agree for the most part but my thing is how can you cause things that aren't meant for you to fail? If every black person don't go see x men it could still do good off white nerds that don't care about this issue. Same with that movie you mentioned. That shyt did bad cause it was bad. Now something like red tails that was more based on black dollars you can influence that but stuff like x men and the like nah. That's just a matter of whites going to see. I don't know if you agree or disagree with that viewpoint

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas really arguing over a fictional character created by a white man? :hhh:

This is the dumb shyt black folks gotta drop like a bad habit
It's not just fictional characters. Almost every black female depiction in the media is a biracial. It's a problem. Imagine if almost every black dude in movies/tv looked like Jesse Williams, Michael Ealy, The Rock, Vin Diesal or Shemar Moore.

Daps
There's no way to fukking know who's "black" or "mixed" unless you run their DNA

And it's very comparable because that "black" man could have LESS African DNA than the so called "mixed" person

She's whatever the hell she says she is. And if you understood white supremacy then you would understand this. It has NEVER been about DNA or ancestry, and it has ALWAYS been about appearance. You look white you are white you look black you are black. That's it. There's no science or factual basis to the concept of race. Nothing to even fukking debate about.

:mjlol:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Its not bullshyt. Don't go acting like a bytch on me nikka. I said what I said if you disagree show me how I'm wrong instead of asking stupid questions like a bytch. Just because you disagree doesn't make it dumb just makes you emotional but like I said online some of you nikkas love getting too emo. Its whatever do what you do
It was bullshyt though :skip:

You basically was clowning people for voicing their opinions on the disrespect Hollywood and biracials show to black folks.

The Exchanges

All Star
Daps
I don't really get why some biracial (half black) people get mad at black people for not including/accepting them, but they never get mad at their other side for not including/accepting them.

My cuzzos be having it both ways. :to:

They be down but people see they skin tone and be like: :skip: "you mixed, huh?" Had to put hands on a few because of it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stop being obtuse. If you have a parent that is fully another race, the child is biracial

It’s not difficult
As we've learned in this thread most people are not "fully" any race in America. A lot of "white" people also have a significant amount of African DNA.

Bi- signifies two equal parts. It's highly unlikely that anybody in America is equal parts white and black.

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
I don't really get why some biracial (half black) people get mad at black people for not including/accepting them, but they never get mad at their other side for not including/accepting them.
The acceptance of a....."mulatto" is strongly dependent on how and where that person's social development takes place. For instance, a mixed child that grew up around mostly non-directly admixed children "black"; will not worry or be forced to worry about inclusion. They are accepted as black because they appear as such "albeit a lighter complexion" and claim that they are by action and voice in almost all cases. The black community is accepting of "everything" and everyone, we don't have an inclusion problem. The other part of that persons ancestry has the issues with acceptance.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It's not just fictional characters. Almost every black female depiction in the media is a biracial. It's a problem. Imagine if almost every black dude in movies/tv looked like Jesse Williams, Michael Ealy, The Rock, Vin Diesal or Shemar Moore.
I wouldn't care personally because I live in reality too and see my "representation" all the time anyway. I know whats real and others like me do too. The only people who don't are people I'm probably not fukking with anyway so its kinda eh.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

No the fukk she is not!!!

And being black is not only about skin tone:what:

If 50% of your family comes from the dominant society you can’t see the difference :mindblown:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
As a comic head...I think I should add this...

Storm's first Appearance in a comic was in Giant Size X-Men 1 in 1975.

She is considered an African deity from Kenya....

Here is the first time she appeared in the comic.

She is clearly BLACK, and AFRICAN. look at the second picture, those are clearly BLACK AFRICANS

this racially ambiguous phenotype is a hollywood PC attempt at mass appeal for the movies.

But Stan Lee and them intended her to be BLACK in the 70s because they were looking to add a BLACK character to the X-Men

maxresdefault.jpg