Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stephanie_Convery,_L.png

playing Madam CJ Walker.

:dead:

And Black Twitter will be like: Don't erase her blackness! Stop policing blackness!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So she can’t take advantage of having white uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. ?

Nikka are you fukking serious :mindblown:

There are entire networks of wealth and power that a biracial can get access to because they’re white

Jesus Christ:wtf:
You don't know if she can or not. You know nothing about her family.

In that sense some "black" people can also get access to that wealth and power. Does that make them not "black" anymore?

When she walks out into the world society sees her as a black woman.

Police aren't gonna ask her who her parents are before the hit her upside the head. Colleges/jobs/banks aren't gonna ask her what her parents look like before they deny her.

She's obviously had life experience that makes her identify as black and that tells you exactly who she is.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Y'all attacking this girl over some representation of a fictional character?

If the actress is bad or the script is bad, no one matter what race the actress' parents are will matter.

Elizabeth Olsen ain't no Eastern Euro or Romani and Age of Ultron didn't suck because of that.

People don't like Shipp. That's cool. Just don't like Shipp. Justifying it with these divisive issues of race percentage for a fictional character in a made-up universe is the height of stupidity.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
So if she has kids with a black man, her kids aren't black because she's not black and has rich wyte relatives

:mjlol:

So she can’t take advantage of having white uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. ?

Nikka are you fukking serious :mindblown:

There are entire networks of wealth and power that a biracial can get access to because they’re white

Jesus Christ:wtf:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I hear you.

I really don't have the numbers to verify what i'm saying as far as 1 racial group causing something to fail. I guess i'm talking more about perception.
Make Iron Man a black girl and whites boycotted that shyt with the quickness until Marvel said "aight aight... tony still here"

But I guess your point is that Iron Man was made by white people for people so white people boycotting it makes sense.
Exactly. That iron man example is perfect. I will add I just don't think we as a group can make movies made for a white audience but okay with getting money from all over fail. A black movie yes we can do that like with that Kim K part in that Madea movie. I think they trimmed her part or something like that. I forgot exactly cause I'm not into them movies like that. Black folks or any other group has power in a situation like that cause them withdrawing dollars will make a difference unlike in the previous example. In any franchise, brand, etc whoever is the majority spender they don't normally care about a smaller group complaining as long as it doesn't messes with the bigger pot. That's why they don't care if blacks boycott a lot of stuff most times outside of not wanting to loom like classless because they know unless its something geared towards us they good or not just off other groups bread.

Like I said we agree for the most part just a little difference here and there which in the grand scheme of,things is no biggie. Peace

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
You don't know if she can or not. You know nothing about her family.

In that sense some "black" people can also get access to that wealth and power. Does that make them not "black" anymore?

When she walks out into the world society sees her as a black woman.

Police aren't gonna ask her who her parents are before the hit her upside the head. Colleges/jobs/banks aren't gonna ask her what her parents look like before they deny her.

She's obviously had life experience that makes her identify as black and that tells you exactly who she is.
This fukking guy. I I know you’re trolling now:pachaha:

Oh yeah those life experiences are that she can’t get any roles designated for cacettes, so therefore she identifies as black.

Daps
That doesn’t mean Malcom is mixed. He has some non- white dna. But he’s black to me.

His mom - not-Black under those terms.

Ok cool, so again, Malcolm didn't have two black parents which is what dude said. He had one black parent and one mixed parent.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
i understand that, but Casting hires actors based on appearances. Most of the time, They’re not trying to match the actual heritage of the characters to the actors who play them, especially not for a super hero movie. I mean it’s not a biographical historical drama. Even so I’ve never seen a black looking storm besides skin color. She has euro facial features and hair, but I’m supposed to be mad they hired a biracial woman who fits that characterization?

based on the pictures of the Storm from the canon of the story they are pulling from, Shipp looks exactly like that character. i get why they cast her- it isn’t a mystery or a surprise . She looks like that version of storm. Sounds to me like they’re not even using the same storyline. In the last movie storm wasn’t even a major character. Maybe they hired Shipp because she was willing to shave her head for a 2 minute role :yeshrug:The outrage just seems extra.
Comic fans are extra.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This fukking guy. I I know you’re trolling now:pachaha:
Individually some black people can and do have access to wealth. For example as the other poster pointed out she could have kids with a "black" man and they'd fulfil y'alls 70% black quota yet he'd still have access to her "white" family. Is he not "black" then.

Conversely a black man marries a white woman and gets access to her families wealth. Is he not black anymore?

Beyond that some black people are just able to find their way into some white wealth with out marriage or kids. Are they not black?

Oh yeah those life experiences are that she can’t get any roles designated for cacettes, so therefore she identifies as black.
But I thought you just said she had access to all that white privilege????:ohhh: