Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree with that as well, you can only exert full control by creating your own.

But if they made a movie called "The Story of Emmett Till" and cast some cac from Stranger Things, I would have no issue if black people dogged the shyt outta it

If a Black person is surprised by anything White Supremacist do in 2017 then they aren't someone worth me even engaging in.

The Same people who lynched Black people in front of their children like it was a festival, the same people who literally kid nap blacks over seas to sell their organs, and we should be surprised they'd do something like make a Gods of Egypt flick?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If a Black person is surprised by anything White Supremacist do in 2017 then they aren't someone worth me even engaging in.

The Same people who lynched Black people in front of their children like it was a festival, the same people who literally kid nap blacks over seas to sell their organs, and we should be surprised they'd do something like make a Gods of Egypt flick?

Who said anything about surprise?
I think we're changing the topic

I thought your original point was that anyone who has an issue with any of this is goofy.

And my point was, I have no issue with black people dogging the shyt out movies like this.

I dont know where "surprise" comes in

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Some crab ass dudes on here man.

A woman who is black....identifies as black and has made it in Hollywood and she gets shytted on.

Salty ass dudes here.

And J. Cole is prolly your favorite rapper.
How can you crab someone who isn’t part of your group :mjlol:

She can pretend to identify with whatever she wants doesn’t make it true. You saw what the other biracial said. “Are biracials not supposed to getting any roles?”:mjgrin:

Be okay with others replacing your people brehs

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Nope..its reality. Jews dont go about life thinking you love them. Thats why they are successful and we are not, always seeking validation approval and acceptance.
That’s not the reason at all:mjlol:

The US government, the most powerful entity in the world, prioritizing Jews is why they are successful. It’s the same reason other cacs are successful

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Voice of Reason said:
How are you black when you come from a white person :mindblown:

Can someone clarify this coli standard. :patrice:

If you can't be black when a parent is wyte, can you be black if a grandparent is wyte?

At what point is a person black again? :jbhmm:

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Bishop is Australian and all dark people must look the same to whites for casting and drawing him like a black man with Sheri curl.

@StickStickly Ororo is half Kenyan have African American she's full black, shyt she was born in Harlem. Shipp isn't that her mutantcy makes her hair that way. I think the fans are being purist.
i understand that, but Casting hires actors based on appearances. Most of the time, They’re not trying to match the actual heritage of the characters to the actors who play them, especially not for a super hero movie. I mean it’s not a biographical historical drama. Even so I’ve never seen a black looking storm besides skin color. She has euro facial features and hair, but I’m supposed to be mad they hired a biracial woman who fits that characterization?

based on the pictures of the Storm from the canon of the story they are pulling from, Shipp looks exactly like that character. i get why they cast her- it isn’t a mystery or a surprise . She looks like that version of storm. Sounds to me like they’re not even using the same storyline. In the last movie storm wasn’t even a major character. Maybe they hired Shipp because she was willing to shave her head for a 2 minute role :yeshrug:The outrage just seems extra.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Who said anything about surprise?
I think we're changing the topic

I thought your original point was that anyone who has an issue with any of this is goofy.

And my point was, I have no issue with black people dogging the shyt out movies like this.

I dont know where "surprise" comes in

Black people need to focus on ownership so we don't care what white people do.

If white people do something of interest to us cool, if not so be it, they will just continue to look foolish and nobody will support i.e. Gods of Egypt.

In most of the "dogging" of Gods of Egypt folks were talking about how Black people should be represented more so than "A dog this is trash lol"

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
There is no value because they ain't stopping. Nobody was going to see Gods of Egypt any fukking way. That's a bad example because show many of them movies have been a success recently controversy or not? Maybe it has been one but I don't recall it so I could be wrong. To me its a thin line between point out nonsense and bytching and most times online its bytching. I agree with the person you quoted you want representation do your own shyt. Otherwise its only so much you can do like not support it if you choose to make that move.
Yes this is fukking bullshyt.

There’s no value in letting people or an industry know that you’re being disrespected with their hiring practices?:what:

That’s some of the dumbest shyt I’ve ever heard

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Voice of Reason said:
How are you black when you come from a white person :mindblown:

Can someone clarify this coli standard. :patrice:

If you can't be black when a parent is wyte, can you be black if a grandparent is wyte?

At what point is a person black again? :jbhmm:
Stop being obtuse. If you have a parent that is fully another race, the child is biracial

It’s not difficult

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
What I'm saying is there's no way to know %s so saying a person is black at a certain % is dumb as fukk.

Someone with a "white" and "black" parent could have more African DNA than a person with 2 "black" parents.

No way to know. People just stuck on trying to define other people.

White supremacy got nikkas minds all fukked up:snoop:

Agree. But, comparing a black man with a mixed and black parent to a person with a white and black parent is not comparable.

She’s biracial not black. Just saying. If you truly understood white supremacy — you would get my point and you would understand this full debate.

Last edited:
Daps
She’s mixed. But she married and had a child with a black man. That child is Malcom - that means 75% + Black DNA which is falls in the stats for black Americans which is (70-90%) DNA.

Cool, so Malcolm doesn't have two black parents as dude stated.

Who made this standard? And as most "black" people in America aren't 100% black he wouldn't have gotten 100% black from his dad.

Say his dad was 70% that would make Malcolm X less than 70% and not black by your standards.

And how the hell do we know anybody's percentages anyway?

You see how fukking dumb this is???:mjlol:

Exactly. These dudes don't realize how ridiculous they sound creating arbitrary metrics that they can't even verify to establish blackness.

Race is a construct created by and upheld by white supremacy. OD'ing on trying to define the boxes is pointless and counterproductive.