Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We agree for the most part but my thing is how can you cause things that aren't meant for you to fail? If every black person don't go see x men it could still do good off white nerds that don't care about this issue. Same with that movie you mentioned. That shyt did bad cause it was bad. Now something like red tails that was more based on black dollars you can influence that but stuff like x men and the like nah. That's just a matter of whites going to see. I don't know if you agree or disagree with that viewpoint

I hear you.

I really don't have the numbers to verify what i'm saying as far as 1 racial group causing something to fail. I guess i'm talking more about perception.
Make Iron Man a black girl and whites boycotted that shyt with the quickness until Marvel said "aight aight... tony still here"

But I guess your point is that Iron Man was made by white people for people so white people boycotting it makes sense.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It was bullshyt though :skip:

You basically was clowning people for voicing their opinions on the disrespect Hollywood and biracials show to black folks.
I wasn't clowning anyone and my post haven't changed. I stated my view on it that you disagree with. That's cool but I wasn't clowning people unless they just bytching and not working on the solution. I stated that in my post so I don't know how you switched that to,clowning folks.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No the fukk she is not!!!

And being black is not only about skin tone:what:
Yes it is, and always has been. Race has NOTHING to do with DNA

If 50% of your family comes from the dominant society you can’t see the difference :mindblown:
You don't know any percentages. And that proves my point above.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Cool, so Malcolm doesn't have two black parents as dude stated.

Exactly. These dudes don't realize how ridiculous they sound creating arbitrary metrics that they can't even verify to establish blackness.

Race is a construct created by and upheld by white supremacy. OD'ing on trying to define the boxes is pointless and counterproductive.

Ok... if you say so :smile:

Funny how Malcom even in this convo. Did Malcom say black people were the most racist to him? Has Malcom ever not stated his mom is a product of rape?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Th
As we've learned in this thread most people are not "fully" any race in America. A lot of "white" people also have a significant amount of African DNA.

Bi- signifies two equal parts. It's highly unlikely that anybody in America is equal parts white and black.
So the fukk what :what:

The point is they are able to take advantage of being a part of the dominant society

A black person with 2 black parents cannot

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i understand that, but Casting hires actors based on appearances. Most of the time, They’re not trying to match the actual heritage of the characters to the actors who play them, especially not for a super hero movie. I mean it’s not a biographical historical drama. Even so I’ve never seen a black looking storm besides skin color. She has euro facial features and hair, but I’m supposed to be mad they hired a biracial woman who fits that characterization?

based on the pictures of the Storm from the canon of the story they are pulling from, Shipp looks exactly like that character. i get why they cast her- it isn’t a mystery or a surprise . She looks like that version of storm. Sounds to me like they’re not even using the same storyline. In the last movie storm wasn’t even a major character. Maybe they hired Shipp because she was willing to shave her head for a 2 minute role :yeshrug:The outrage just seems extra.

You need to get your eyes checked :mjgrin:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This nikka meech is basically arguing we all one race at the end of the day:mjlol:
Ummm. We are scientifically.

"Race" is a social contsruct based on appearance not any kind of ancestry or science.

The problem y'all running into here is trying to place some factual/scientific standard on to something devoid of any factual basis.

Facts are that two "African" people with dark skin can be further away biologically than an African person and a Caucasian. So why do we say the two Africans are one race and the Caucasian another?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
A person who LOOKS black can not. Don't matter what the fukk their parents are.
So she can’t take advantage of having white uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. ?

Nikka are you fukking serious :mindblown:

There are entire networks of wealth and power that a biracial can get access to because they’re white

Jesus Christ:wtf:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Not true. Angela was their original choice but she wasn't available.
Anyone who is old enough to remember that Angela Bassett was always the preferred and first choice by fans. The look, the voice and her youth at the time would have been a perfect match.

Halle was sort of the "hot black girl" of the moment at the time, so she was runner up.