Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats like me going to a KKK meeting and complaining about what they have on their program.
That's a terrible analogy for so many reasons. They aren't creating a product for consumers and have 0 incentive to listen to anything you say.
Whereas movie studios make or break based on sales. There have been multiple examples where the consumer-base has had a direct effect on a product due to public outrage etc.

If we don't own it, we have no say in how to make it. Simply enforce your power by not supporting.
Isn't that exactly what people did with Gods of Egypt?

People were roasting Gods of Egypt because it looked like an ass flick, and the icing on the cake was the cast. If Gods of Egypt was made or not made it would have made me no difference either way.
Incorrect. People were roasting it because it had a bunch of white people parading as Gods of Egypt.
Google if your memory is failing you

Lionsgate responds to Gods of Egypt Whitewashing Accusations
Gods of Egypt Film Makers apologize for White Cast

I don't get excited from things I don't tangibly benefit from.
Nothing wrong with that

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Who made this standard? And as most "black" people in America aren't 100% black he wouldn't have gotten 100% black from his dad.

Say his dad was 70% that would make Malcolm X less than 70% and not black by your standards.

And how the hell do we know anybody's percentages anyway?

You see how fukking dumb this is???:mjlol:

When I state standard - I am quoting DNA research that has been done on Black Americans over the last years with the emergence of DNA test. It doesn’t mean you have to be a certain percentage to be Black but black Americans are different — but our parents and ancestors may have white dna due to enslavement but we are black in terms of Black America. Not mulatto/biracial.

And correct. I’m 86% but I’m light and my mom is 89% she’s very light — soooo.... her whole side is. my daddy has passed but he was dark skin.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I agree that the end goal is making our own content.
I disagree that there is no value in voicing opinions on current content.

Did you have any problem with black people calling out Hollywood for Gods of Egypt and making them lose millions on it?:jbhmm:
I didn't see that as goofy, I saw it as pointing out nonense:yeshrug:
There is no value because they ain't stopping. Nobody was going to see Gods of Egypt any fukking way. That's a bad example because show many of them movies have been a success recently controversy or not? Maybe it has been one but I don't recall it so I could be wrong. To me its a thin line between point out nonsense and bytching and most times online its bytching. I agree with the person you quoted you want representation do your own shyt. Otherwise its only so much you can do like not support it if you choose to make that move.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I mean i'm not going to act like i would protest the movie or some shyt.
I saw x-men 1,2,3 and apocolypse despite all 4 of those films featuring a biracial storm.

I'm just saying that I understand people saying... "hey can black people play these black characters?"

The same I understood people saying "hey can Egyptians (or at least Africans) play these Gods of Egypt?"

Its weird to see a scott-irish man play the role of an African god:yeshrug:

If you can't tell the difference between Christian Bale playing Moses and Alexandria Shipp or Halle playing Storm I know you're just fishing for daps.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is no value because they ain't stopping. Nobody was going to see Gods of Egypt any fukking way. That's a bad example because show many of them movies have been a success recently controversy or not? Maybe it has been one but I don't recall it so I could be wrong. To me its a thin line between point out nonsense and bytching and most times online its bytching. I agree with the person you quoted you want representation do your own shyt. Otherwise its only so much you can do like not support it if you choose to make that move.

I agree with that as well, you can only exert full control by creating your own.

But if they made a movie called "The Story of Emmett Till" and cast some cac from Stranger Things, I would have no issue if black people dogged the shyt outta it

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When I state standard - I am quoting DNA research that has been done on Black Americans over the last years with the emergence of DNA test. It doesn’t mean you have to be a certain percentage to be Black but black Americans are different — but our parents and ancestors may have white dna due to enslavement but we are black in terms of Black America. Not mulatto/biracial.

And correct. I’m 86% but I’m light and my mom is 89% she’s very light — soooo.... her whole side is. my daddy has passed but he was dark skin.
What I'm saying is there's no way to know %s so saying a person is black at a certain % is dumb as fukk.

Someone with a "white" and "black" parent could have more African DNA than a person with 2 "black" parents.

No way to know. People just stuck on trying to define other people.

White supremacy got nikkas minds all fukked up:snoop:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

@The Wave

See above. You think White folks made Gods of Egypt for us? Guess what they have the infrastructure so they can do what they want. If we dont like it then we can 1) No Support or 2)Make our own Material FOR US.

If Disney never bought Marvel and eventually got us to where there was going to be a Black Panther movie, I would not have given a damn. So because White People are making a movie about something black people like does that mean all is well in the world and we still shouldn't be focusing on owning our own media and creating our own stories?

White people doing something well is like finding a dollar on your way to work. Sure its cool but whether you found it or not you still gotta go to work.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Cops killin us and nikkas having 23 and me debates on a fictional character.

Unreal. These dudes are ridiculous.
It’s not about the fictional character smart guy it’s about the actual job. And representation in media is very important

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Of course he is. And when he checks the box on the census he's black. On this board he's black. In history books, he's black.

When someone who's mixed on this board doesn't fit in the coli black profile...they call them non-black or mixed.

Our favorite militant football player Colin Kapernick ain't being called biracial on this board :mjgrin:
It’s pathetic, breh. Basically, if you agree with every Coli opinion and have a drop of black blood in you then you’re black here. If your opinion differs even a little bit then you’re a c00n, tragic mulatto, or whatever else slave owner term these nikkas want to use that day. This board might have the biggest collection of piece of shyt people on it since st0rmfr0nt. Neg me, idgaf.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I agree with that as well, you can only exert full control by creating your own.

But if they made a movie called "The Story of Emmett Till" and cast some cac from Stranger Things, I would have no issue if black people dogged the shyt outta it
I don't have a problem either but I really think online has just become a bytch fest with most of the complainers doing shyt to accomplish the stuff they speak on. Think about it if they did even more stuff focused on different groups that complain would be out. Those that actually do more than talk I respect that all day but cats that just whine on or offline its like FOH. That's why cats come online to bytch IMO because offline its easier to know how cats living/doing and when you hit them with the when you going to start doing something yourself ( those that aren't doing anything) cats don't want to answer that question ime.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
"I'm black!!!!!"

*Has a white mom*
:russ:

You are as white as u are black I dare you to claim your a proud white woman. Go ahead.

Because they don't expect blackness to have standards. They are seen as non-white by cacs all their lives but the moment a black person doesnt kiss their feet they scream black racism!.

Obama is not black.

The other 2 are

Who made this standard? And as most "black" people in America aren't 100% black he wouldn't have gotten 100% black from his dad.

Say his dad was 70% that would make Malcolm X less than 70% and not black by your standards.

And how the hell do we know anybody's percentages anyway?

You see how fukking dumb this is???:mjlol:

How are you black when you come from a white person :mindblown: