Those copping a PS5; Digital or Standard?

Which version are you getting?

• Digital

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • Standard

Votes: 106 70.2%

• Total voters

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those services have much lower bit-rate than UHD disc, if you have a good TV and an eye for quality you will notice! What about if you like to own the media? What about when your favourite movie disappears from Netflix etc.?
Although I buy 95% digital games, I'd still want the drive just in case.

Going physical as well, since unless there are crazy changes, you'll always get better quality off of a disc than streaming.

Also, there really are those times when you can get a much better deal on a disc version of a game than the digital version. I just picked up the super deluxe edition of Borderlands 3 from Amazon for like $36.87. The cheapest I remember seeing it digital was around $50.

Also, my ISP does that stupid data cap shyt, so ain't but so many 100GB games I can download before either getting hit with overages, or consider getting fukked on the crazy cost for going unlimited. The state of broadband here in the US is fukking dumb. :martin:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Going physical as well, since unless there are crazy changes, you'll always get better quality off of a disc than streaming.

Also, there really are those times when you can get a much better deal on a disc version of a game than the digital version. I just picked up the super deluxe edition of Borderlands 3 from Amazon for like $36.87. The cheapest I remember seeing it digital was around $50.

Also, my ISP does that stupid data cap shyt, so ain't but so many 100GB games I can download before either getting hit with overages, or consider getting fukked on the crazy cost for going unlimited. The state of broadband here in the US is fukking dumb. :martin:
Sounds like some broke nikka shyt.. You can buy digital codes for the same price on Amazon. I have 20 games on xbox and purchased 0 of them.. All EA games from EA access and they gave me 6 months free for game pass..

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like some broke nikka shyt.. You can buy digital codes for the same price on Amazon. I have 20 games on xbox and purchased 0 of them.. All EA games from EA access and they gave me 6 months free for game pass..

Yeah, miss me with that shyt, breh. I'm doing just fine financially.

And no, not every game is priced the exact same digitally on Amazon. There have been multiple times that I've seen a good sale on the physical, switched the product type to digital, and got greeted by a bunch of full price, non sale options.

Also, can you call something broke nikka shyt, and then immediately brag about not paying for shyt? Although I'm sure you'll call that a finesse.

If you were trying to troll, maybe try again? Because that attempt wasn't it, breh.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Digital and physical sales shift. I've only bought full priced games at release date. And I've never really felt the need to resell. Sony does need a better refund policy though.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Standard

For the UHD Bluray Player. I have a lot of blu rays

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Digital and physical sales shift. I've only bought full priced games at release date. And I've never really felt the need to resell. Sony does need a better refund policy though.
I agree Sony refund policy is trash. I was about to go Xbox only because Sony refuses to refund you even if you never played the game.

I always buy the games i want at full price so i don't care about a sale.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Standard

For the UHD Bluray Player. I have a lot of blu rays
It won't match your smart TV picture. I thought my Xbox 1 x was gonna make my blu rays look better but no. Disney +, Netflix , hell any app you stream will shyt on blu ray. You guys probably still have cd changers in your car :mjlol:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, miss me with that shyt, breh. I'm doing just fine financially.

And no, not every game is priced the exact same digitally on Amazon. There have been multiple times that I've seen a good sale on the physical, switched the product type to digital, and got greeted by a bunch of full price, non sale options.

Also, can you call something broke nikka shyt, and then immediately brag about not paying for shyt? Although I'm sure you'll call that a finesse.

If you were trying to troll, maybe try again? Because that attempt wasn't it, breh.
You know why i got free shyt on Xbox.. Because they offer it. They can win next generation because they have a better solution for digital gaming than sony.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
And yall know this will be launching with less than 1TB of space right? Standard is already gonna have space issues due to justabout every game needing to be installed....good luck :francis:
Agreed

I don't get the issue with the space. You can backup games to a bigger USB 3.0 drive and move them to the SSD when it's ready to play. And since the damn thing probably has a insane fast write speed, it'll take minutes :heh:
For this to be applicable you would need to buy a 2TB+ SATA SSD + enclosure (slower than internal) or a 2TB nvme ssd (expensive, fast but still usually a little slower than internal SSD)
If it was to use the full USB 3.0 bus speed then it would still take these huge ass games longer than a few minutes to copy over. And using the full speed is idealistic, there’s always something slowing the process down especially on consoles.

If you use a spinning disk, you’ll get tons of storage but that hoe will become a waitstation5

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It won't match your smart TV picture. I thought my Xbox 1 x was gonna make my blu rays look better but no. Disney +, Netflix , hell any app you stream will shyt on blu ray. You guys probably still have cd changers in your car :mjlol:
This nikka knows shyt about bitrates :mjlol:

it’s ok breh be OK with your decent hq shyt, leave the UHD to the nikkas that can appreciate finer details :ehh:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
...You know there's a difference between UHD discs and standard blu-ray right :dwillhuh:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So you can't tell the difference in bitrates and compression between steaming and disc? Blaming it on the TV?

You know that sounds like to me?

Broke nikka shyt. :sas2: