Those copping a PS5; Digital or Standard?

Which version are you getting?

• Digital

Votes: 45 29.8%
  • Standard

Votes: 106 70.2%

• Total voters

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Prolly standard but I only buy digital ... my PS4 started spitting discs out 2-3 months in from copping. I ain’t tripping though. I prefer Digital.. not like imma sell hard copies and shyt in 2021 n beyond.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Digital games are always more expensive for me in the U.K., sometimes £5-20 more.

Also would like the 4K player as I don’t have one.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I prefer standard just to have the option, but I've been like 90% digital on PS4 and like 99% digital on Xbox.
If the digital only has more memory space and standard is harder to find at launch I would be ok with it too.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone saying standard is like buying a Walkman now.. I never traded in a game in my adult life. It makes no sense to wank UHD 4K when every streaming service has it. You guys are living in the past.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Getting the physical, the games that will be coming out will be put on sale sooner or later after the PS5 arrives.

Most of my games went from physical to digital in the longer run though :yeshrug:

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
Digital all the way, already have a 4K blu-ray player plus i like the symmetrical look of the console without the disc drive.

Daps
Anyone saying standard is like buying a Walkman now.. I never traded in a game in my adult life. It makes no sense to wank UHD 4K when every streaming service has it. You guys are living in the past.
a good amount of my ps4 games are physical so I will need the disc version PS5 for that
I'm not about to re-purcahse and re-download all my PS4 games as digital for backwards capability
Plus I like having the physical copy of the game for multiple reasons
For example, the sales come out a lot quicker for the physical versions vs. the digital version still selling at full price
Other than that I might have looked into getting the digital version

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Those services have much lower bit-rate than UHD disc, if you have a good TV and an eye for quality you will notice! What about if you like to own the media? What about when your favourite movie disappears from Netflix etc.?
Although I buy 95% digital games, I'd still want the drive just in case.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyone who cares about picture quality is not moving completely to digital any time soon.