They're Saying California Has Spent 17 Billions In 4 Years To Fight Homelessness, But It's Gotten Worse

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Could have spent that 17 billi to end homelessness.
Gm669ko.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
When I lived out there the bums were down by where Petco Park is at and obviously they were moved out but last time I was in town those people were everywhere
It's worse....you're literally stepping over Human Feces everywhere. My daughter attends a school over in East village, which is being heavily "Gentrified" and I'm all for it.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
I’m take your work and the works of the article but I don’t fully agree.

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with the YouTube show “soft white underbelly” where he interviews tons of people from skidrow and girls off fig ect. Atleast half or more is not from Cali at all. Just came to La and ended up on skid row

This is the channel I was telling you about

Some of these stories will humble you

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully word gets out and the rest go out there to get the resources they need. Sounds like a haven/refuge for those in need.. Salute to Cali and good luck to all involved. :salute:

Lets get the word out and tell em to head west

Thats been the plan for a long time now. Flyovers send their undesirables to coastal cities with a one way bus ticket

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
as a breh who lives in LA, and has volunteered in Skid row, this one of my favorite type threads.

No, there arent a gang of homeless people that "move to la" how the fukk does a homeless person move to LA :dead:

for ever person that "wants to be homeless(usually theres some form of mental illness or trauma involved with that shyt) there's hundreds of people who lost jobs, or didnt make enough to sustain living in LA. especially during covid, mad people lost jobs who were living check to check.

the crazy thing is how there are WAY MORE black people that are homeless, than other people. clearly it couldnt be a systematic issue, these black folks just wanna be homeless

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's laughable that some of y'all think that building homes alone is the solution to this problem. It is a multifaceted issue and that's just one of them. You have governments busing their homeless here and just letting them be. We don't even have enough infrastructure to deal with this. We lack the medical and social workers necessary to even begin to tackle this. I've seen this system first hand and it's fukked from top to bottom and actual solutions seems far off. Best we can do is help those we can and keep pushing for better organization from top to bottom and help.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as a breh who lives in LA, and has volunteered in Skid row, this one of my favorite type threads.

No, there arent a gang of homeless people that "move to la" how the fukk does a homeless person move to LA :dead:

for ever person that "wants to be homeless(usually theres some form of mental illness or trauma involved with that shyt) there's hundreds of people who lost jobs, or didnt make enough to sustain living in LA. especially during covid, mad people lost jobs who were living check to check.

the crazy thing is how there are WAY MORE black people that are homeless, than other people. clearly it couldnt be a systematic issue, these black folks just wanna be homeless
shyt not even just that, the way the resources are allocated themselves is fukking racist in my opinion. I've seen a lot of good hardworking people go without help and housing because of misallocated budgets and unwilling landlords etc.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
"Number two, that many people on the streets of California are not from California. There’s a widely held belief that many people become homeless elsewhere, and come to California for the weather and the more liberal approach to homelessness. And therefore, California does not owe them anything. Not true, says Kushel.

“Nine out of 10 people lost their stable housing here. These are Californians,” she said. “We have to create the housing for all Californians.”

I’m take your work and the works of the article but I don’t fully agree.

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with the YouTube show “soft white underbelly” where he interviews tons of people from skidrow and girls off fig ect. Atleast half or more is not from Cali at all. Just came to La and ended up on skid row

That stat is misleading because it's just looking at their last residence. But when you actually talk to them, a ton of homeless were people who lived somewhere else and were desperate, moved to California cause they were hoping to make it, might have briefly had a job or used their last savings to get housing for a short while, then ended up homeless cause they ran into the same difficulties that led them to flee to California in the first place.

Desperate people struggling to get by or living on a dream don't flee to rural areas, they don't congregate in the upper Midwest. They go to the big cities on the coast. Just because their last address is in California doesn't mean they were born there or grew up there.

Now, that doesn't mean I don't think California should work to serve them. Just that it's part of the explanation for why a lot more homeless people end up there.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
All the neighboring states are democrat :mjgrin:

Republicans have controlled Arizona's legislature for nearly 60 years. Yes, they just got a Democratic governor, but the governor can't pass any laws by herself. And Nevada just got a Republican governor, so by what definition can you possibly say, "All the neighboring states are Democratic?"

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
All the neighboring states are democrat :mjgrin:

Republicans have controlled Arizona's legislature for nearly 60 years. Yes, they just got a Democratic governor, but the governor can't pass any laws by herself. And Nevada just got a Republican governor, so by what definition can you possibly say, "All the neighboring states are Democratic?"

I swear you post right-wing bullshyt all the time just to troll cause your points are so openly dumb.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:highest taxes in america, for this

Low-info posting as always.

California only has the highest taxes in the country if you're extremely rich. The highest tax rate is paid by people making over a million dollars a year. But for people in the lowest 20%, they have among the lowest taxes in the nation.

Overall, their actual tax burden is somewhat high but doesn't even crack the top 10.

When they ignore the rich and just look at people at the median, Texas actually has a higher tax burden on the median family than California does.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
California only has the highest taxes in the country if you're extremely rich. The highest tax rate is paid by people making over a million dollars a year. But for people in the lowest 20%, they have among the lowest taxes in the nation
real comforting to the middle class :dead:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

I swear you post right-wing bullshyt all the time just to troll cause your points are so openly dumb.
Damn blaming nevada governor for that this early :ohhh: guess the homeless issue happened over night :troll: