They have jobs, but no homes. Inside America’s unseen homelessness crisis.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
They keep building luxury apartments. I'm not sure if this is happening in all cities. But here in Minnesota that's all I see. Luxury apartments 90 percent of the time. Charging $3k-4k. We know it's to keep the black people out.
If I stay away from downtown S.D for a month or 2 by the time I go back it's a brand new shiny 40 story luxury apartment building sitting right in the middle of a homeless encampment. The billboard usually reads like "Starting in the low 700s". Like what the hell is the low 700s?. All the single ppl I work with either live st home with extended family or in a roommate situation and none of those ppl make below $30 an hr. It's very rare to see someone just living by themselves these days. And San Diego and its surrounding suburbs is extremely expensive. But also a lot of those ppl I just described drive brand new Teslas, 5 series BMWs, huge new trucks and SUVs, Acura etc.. I ain't blaming them but those are poor decisions and American Culture has done a number on young folks out there as far as knowledge of money how to budget

bnew

Veteran
Daps
No reason with a full time job you shouldn't be able to afford a little studio or 1br.

this is what it's come down to now, a little studio or 1br? a full time job as a cashier or butcher got people a house with a driveway. we shouldn't be settling for less especially when we're more educated and working harder than previous generations did.

Last edited:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what yall voted for and support though right?

So many people out here not ready to fight for what they should be fighting for. Instead they getting comfortable getting fukked over. Laughing at this knowing that shyt is true and folks went along with it. As they say, laugh now, cry later and how many people ignored the message.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Housing shortage is the issue
Solution is build more starter homes and affordable apartment complexes. This is a governmental issue. Give tax incentives to builders to build less expensive homes. Outlaw unnecessary overregulated zoning laws that prevent housing from being built .
Where do you live?:mjlol:

They're building new homes and apartments every day in Houston and them shyts are empty:mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh did you know in America you used to be able to order a home via the Sears catalog and they would send you all the items to build it and the instruction manual? All you needed was the plot of land to put it on and you could build an entire home yourself
They have those homes on Amazon