They're Saying California Has Spent 17 Billions In 4 Years To Fight Homelessness, But It's Gotten Worse

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Looks like the experts dont know what the hell they doing to me:mjlol:

Cali allowed China and Wallstreet equity firms to buy billions in real estate,jack up the prices. Has pro landlord laws that prevent them from doing shyt about it. And Im really supposed to believe their studies/testimony when they say

"It aint the drugs,it aint the mental illness,we need more real estate:whoa:"

wVDOf3.gif

#InCahoots

This is a bizarre take. You think that experts on addressing homelessness control California's real estate policies?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a bizarre take. You think that experts on addressing homelessness control California's real estate policies?

Whos funding these studies? Whos advising the people in charge? The people providing the funding can create whatever results they need to. Simply by ignoring what findings wouldnt help the narrative they want to create.

I mean we know the USICH and HUD are federal government agencies. You never know who government officials could be beholden to.

The guy who even came up with "Housing First" ideology was a damn conman. Stealing peoples social security checks,and misusing government funds.

People use "studies" for their own agendas. And the people in charge/experts can be ill advised by these studies. Or be apart of it for their own greedy purposes.

Once none of these works,theyll find a study that says they need to jail or exile the homeless,drug addicted. Make California a desirable place to live again. Make it more affordable,have a population boom. Then jack the prices back up again,rinse and repeat:mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
They fixed up a building here in LA for homelessness however in order for u to stay there, u have to stopped doing drugs and other requirements… them homeless was like fukk that and fukk you , I’m going to stay on the street
Well fukk them too then :gucci:

Daps
Do either of you know what the "median family" is? :dahell:

I swear you two are the dumbest posters here. Single-handedly killing the White Supremacy narrative with every comment.
@itsyoung!! is pound for pound one of the dumbest people on this board. I don’t think that poster knows how to tie their own shoes.

@the cac mamba is a troll, and never says anything of substance. Just a right wing hot take machine.

You know this so I’m shocked ur surprised about it :heh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Non profits making big money

Square biz. My wife got let go from one because she expose the fact that they were more about currency, than the actual autistic children. Thankfully, she got another gig but you got to avoid non profits like COVID. It's just a loophole to fukk over folks into believing they care, but will low ball employees, do dikk about the issues at hand, and pocket the rest of the money for a greater cost of getting a better car.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
@itsyoung!! is pound for pound one of the dumbest people on this board. I don’t think that poster knows how to tie their own shoes.

@the cac mamba is a troll, and never says anything of substance. Just a right wing hot take machine.

You hate republicans so much why do you live in a red state?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
In Fresno they took a bunch of low budget motels(prostitute area) and have turned them into homeless housing but they have to check in everytime before they go in to the premises. They've managed to clean up some areas. Especially the area where High Speed rail will have its station. Only problem is they put the station right next to the soup kitchen so it'll be hard to get rid of a lot of the homeless around it.

Newsom recently gave us a big check to renovate the area around the high speed rail station. Our mayor is a republican and has gone out and had groups remove homeless from the side of freeways so you don't see that as much anymore.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Honestly I'm about to take my ass down to South Orange County, it's obviously :mjpls: but they HOH (hard on homeless). Having to deal with homeless impacts you mentally. I wanna see studies on that

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

It was just mind-blowing that I said, "California is better at the median" with a link to prove it right there, and they both replied, "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE?"

They are both too rock-headed to admit they were wrong, especially on a right-wing take, but at least they had the good sense this time to shut their asses up the moment their idiocy got fully exposed.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cost of living keeps going up, it’s going to lead to more homelessness

that being said red states bus their homeless in to california on a weekly if not daily basis and california doesn’t participate in human trafficking like that.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've worked with homeless services in California, I've mentioned that multiple times on this forum. It was a long time ago, but at least I've been exposed to the actual people trying to solve the issue.

However, I don't rely on my own experience and opinions, because I know I'm not an expert. That's why I read information like the article in the OP, so I can learn more. That's why I linked what the people who are actually successful are doing. Since you don't know jack shyt about the issue, why don't you rely on the experts and see what has worked rather than making up your own bullshyt?

You know zero. If I worked for a trash cleaning service yet there was trash everywhere on the street, I clearly don’t know anything about how to clean up trash. Same for you and the homeless. “I worked with homeless services in California.” Great job bucko.

The only real way of dealing with this is forcing people off the streets and into rehab. Nothing else works. Letting people get help themselves will never work. You’re going to have to force them. Literally go around town and round up the tents and place them in rehab for however long it takes.

This you will probably find revolting, being a soft toed individual such as yourself, but I find letting the people rot on the streets much more revolting.