They're Saying California Has Spent 17 Billions In 4 Years To Fight Homelessness, But It's Gotten Worse

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It's always annoying as hell to see OP post an informative, nuanced article, and then posters with zero experience or study of the issue respond with their preset biases as if they didn't read shyt.

Would I go to you to get my medical issues diagnosed? Would I go to you to run my military campaign? Would I go to you to design my particle accelerator?

Then why should anyone expect an inexperienced, uneducated person like you know jack shyt useful about a complex issue like homelessness? More important, why do you think you know the answers when you've never gotten educated on the subject beyond reading what other like-minded ignorant people had to say?
you dont have experience either.. you dont even live in california. Why you commenting on something you have no experience in?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
you dont have experience either.. you dont even live in california. Why you commenting on something you have no experience in?

I don't rely on my own experience and opinions, because I know I'm not an expert. That's why I read information like the article in the OP, so I can learn more. That's why I linked what the people who are actually successful are doing. Since you don't know jack shyt about the issue, why don't you rely on the experts and see what has worked rather than making up your own bullshyt?

Last edited:

Depreciating Asset

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
I'm pretty sure this is just a problem in California

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I'm pretty sure this is just a problem in California

Being homeless in nyc is woat. Them winters :scust: Being homeless in Cali:blessed: skidroom, homeless paradise

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Yall not looking at the whole picture

You see the crazy/drugged out homeless people on the streets but there's many homeless who do everything they can to not be grouped with those other homeless folk i.e. homeless students, young women, people who just fell through the cracks. They shower at the gym, they never sleep on benches or in public during the day, they sleep in their cars, they work jobs, they sleep at friends houses when they can.

Long Beach city college has their parking lot open overnight to let homeless students sleep there. Some people just fell behind on rent and ended up assed out. Got kicked out by their mom at 18 and ended up assed out. They become druggies and alcoholics AFTER they become homeless because they kick it with other young homeless people and drink/smoke away the pain. People don't want to admit it because it's scary and it could happen to them.

Daps
It’s a sad situation but it’s a complex issue

I live in so cal , have a brother who is a homeless drug addict . They don’t want the help. If he cleaned up and wanted to fly straight he has family members who would help him out (not me , we don’t have a relationship anymore )
Lot of them just don’t want any rules / do whatever they want . Giving him housing isn’t helping him at all.
You gotta want the help .

I’m sure there’s plenty of non drug addicts who are homeless just cause they can’t make rent , people who live in cars etc.
people were protesting against homeless at the city hall last week . We need more affordable housing but nobody can build them .

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Billions to fight homelessness? :mjlol: Must be talking about the forest fires.

DrvgtsSU0AAVPkY.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

wheres the homes at? :comeon:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Welp when you have inhumane states surrounding California doing nothing it’s not that surprising that the state has to pick up the slack and carry the load for the lack of activity of other governors.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Affordable housing needs to be a priority, but too many people are of the opinion 'Not in my backyard.', like Dave Chappelle. I (and a bunch of others) suggested to Chris Christie a while back that we should focus on rehabbing/renovating old buildings/homes and turn them into low/fixed income housing.

We got nowhere.

I suspect Cali's issues could be ameliorated in the same manner, but I ain't in Cali.

:francis:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's always annoying as hell to see OP post an informative, nuanced article, and then posters with zero experience or study of the issue respond with their preset biases as if they didn't read shyt.

Then why should anyone expect an inexperienced, uneducated person like you know jack shyt useful about a complex issue like homelessness? More important, why do you think you know the answers when you've never gotten educated on the subject beyond reading what other like-minded ignorant people had to say?
But with $17.5 billion, the state could, theoretically, have just paid the rent for every unhoused person in California for those four years, even at the state’s high home costs.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:highest taxes in america, for this

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I’m take your work and the works of the article but I don’t fully agree.

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with the YouTube show “soft white underbelly” where he interviews tons of people from skidrow and girls off fig ect. Atleast half or more is not from Cali at all. Just came to La and ended up on skid row

It's bullshyt, you think these homeless people are telling these people the truth :dead: