The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Focusing on black men and black women is diverting focus away from the other groups who could have definitely done more. With +80 and +90% votes black people did more than enough.

I'm only worried about us and what we can do. I don't have time to be bytching about other groups. If a politician wants to know why black people didn't vote for them, then they need to start asking questions. And we need to start giving them answers.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brotha, out of cycle is when the real work is done. That's when you start identifying and developing your candidates who are going to push the communities agenda once they get into office. Then you push for voter turnout in the community. If you win the election then once your candidate takes office they're supposed to start pushing the mandate of the people who put him/her into office. You don't let strangers who outsiders have chosen come into to the community and make a buncha bullshyt promises; you send your own candidates out with a specific agenda to push once they get into office.That's the essence of local politics, am I right?

It shouldn't be any different when it comes to the Black community and politics on the national or even global stage. But most of us hear about Black candidates for the first time when everybody else does. We don't know anything about them. Who can honestly say they really knew who Barak Obama even was until he was introduced nationally at the DNC?

It's not supposed to be that way.

I agree with literally everything you just said, but just know breh, your posts come across pretty defeatist / politically avoidant in passing without the discourse. We're on the same page though.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
We don't need to give them anything unless we work for the DNC.

Rolland's way of thinking won't fly anymore. People who usually talk slick to others usually pay a price. I for one won't have these shyt to show for militant Democrats talking shyt about black people and support them.

They need to really kiss my ass before I show any support for these airheads.

Blind voting ran its course in 2000. But if a Democrat wants to know why I didn't vote in an election, I can give them a list of reasons and issues they need to publically address if they want my vote.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Focusing on black men and black women is diverting focus away from the other groups who could have definitely done more. With +80 and +90% votes black people did more than enough.
Exactly, I can't stand these fukking dudes running their mouths. We got black folks supporting these b*stards at 80%+! No other group has those numbers yet its not enough... Not even a machine can be 100% efficient yet they're hoisting that burden on us? With nothing proposed specifically to be done for us? Like are some gears missing in their fukking heads. I can go on a rant easily about this but what's the point, you can't have a debate with somebody sealing their ears off.

Daps
Would Roland Martin ever make a video calling out cacs? No, because it might burn the bridge he's desperately trying to cobble together so he can crawl back to white mommy daddy in the mainstream media. Any black man or woman who doesn't have this energy for cacs is a fraud and should never be taken seriously by black America. :francis:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
I agree with literally everything you just said, but just know breh, your posts come across pretty defeatist / politically avoidant in passing without the discourse. We're on the same page though.

My posts advocate the work necessary to bring about real change. Not fantasy, so I can see how that could be interpreted a certain way.

Just know that I'm not on here giving my opinion. Anything I say with regards to politics, especially Black politics, comes from years of study combined with some of my own experiences. And as long as the discourse is respectful I'm always more than happy to try and put Black people up on real information.

I'm not against voting or any other non-violent political act. I'm just saying if you're going to do it do it the correct way.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Roland ain't gay you fukking moron
:what:how dafuq do you know, are you fukking him? Roland is a sugar fairy.. .stop, his whole aura is gay. Lot of these talking head celebs are... that's what the media props- effeminate acting, soft spoken, non-aggressive, safe speakers.

Tornado Drill

Rookie
Daps
Exactly, I can't stand these fukking dudes running their mouths. We got black folks supporting these b*stards at 80%+! No other group has those numbers yet its not enough... Not even a machine can be 100% efficient yet they're hoisting that burden on us? With nothing proposed specifically to be done for us? Like are some gears missing in their fukking heads. I can go on a rant easily about this but what's the point, you can't have a debate with somebody sealing their ears off.

Some of these guys work for the DNC. I can't think of any other explanation.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would Roland Martin ever make a video calling out cacs? No, because it might burn the bridge he's desperately trying to cobble together so he can crawl back to white mommy daddy in the mainstream media. Any black man or woman who doesn't have this energy for cacs is a fraud and should never be taken seriously by black America. :francis:
Doesn't take away from the point he made.

At all.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
HospitableDopeyLiger-size_restricted.gif

Rotisserie Martin is finished :camby: Giving Hilary questions before the debate and doing this shyt so he could get a job :scust:goofy ass nikka