The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
If Black people were really serious about voting than they would be fighting like hell to eradicate the electoral college to make sure those Black votes count. And if they were serious they'd be out there right now fighting the gerrymandering and redistricting that's gonna be taking place while things are quiet. Same shyt every election cycle and all we do is sit around helpless and cry about it.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Black people were really serious about voting than they would be fighting like hell to eradicate the electoral college to make sure those Black votes count. And if they were serious they'd be out there right now fighting the gerrymandering and redistricting that's gonna be taking place while things are quiet. Same shyt every election cycle and all we do is sit around helpless and cry about it.

Breh you realize all this happens as a result of who we elect right??? It's actually much more difficult to change this out of cycle than it is to change it during the electoral process. I agree though, the current districting that dilutes the black vote is pathetic, but that's why we can't let these people keep winning out of frustration with the way things currently are - shyt just gets worse.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Maybe it's my generation (or just me) but I can't listen to Roland like that. Black people have the best voter turnout and his old ass still unhappy.

It's a fair question to ask, in general:
  • why black men didn't vote in the same percentages as black women.
  • why black men and black women voted different
  • why only a fraction of black people voted at all
Assuming those midterm polls were correct, it is quite relevant to ask and know why 16% of black men voted for Cruz and 18% of black women voted for DeSantis.