The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why is it feasible to explicitly pass legislation for gays and immigrants and indigenous people and transgenders, but becomes problematic when the policy specifically aids black people?

:mjpls:
they literally address this point

Its not "white gays" they pass laws for.

"immigrants" is "all immigrants" etc.

Daps
they literally address this point

Its not "white gays" they pass laws for.

"immigrants" is "all immigrants" etc.
:russ:

It’s not white gays or immigrants who’re systematically oppressed and the descendants of slaves whose uncompensated labor built this country.

Is this the new hustle from you bootlickers? Spin ways to excuse legislation and executive action that aids everyone but black people?

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Will doing it this way rise the wealth of black Americans? That’s really all that matters. Is passing policy for Black Americans, this way, going to change the trajectory of our overall wealth?

I don’t know. Hopefully, it does, but if it doesn’t, then there has to be a conversation about the leaders in charge, and are they getting the job done. Of course, in saying that, we have to do our part as well, but Black Americans aren’t getting out of this hole alone, and it’s going to take some assistance from our government.

This type of conversation also separates the black Americans who are for themselves and family from those who are really for the community.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Will doing it this way rise the wealth of black Americans? That’s really all that matters. Is passing policy for Black Americans, this way, going to change the trajectory of our overall wealth?

I don’t know. Hopefully, it does, but if it doesn’t, then there has to be a conversation about the leaders in charge, and are they getting the job done. Of course, in saying that, we have to do our part as well, but Black Americans aren’t getting out of this hole alone, and it’s going to take some assistance from our government.

This type of conversation also separates the black Americans who are for themselves and family from those who are really for the community.
Honestly, and I don't know how to have this convo respectfully.

We need to expand the black elite.

And I'll leave it there.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:russ:

It’s not white gays or immigrants who’re systematically oppressed and the descendants of slaves whose uncompensated labor built this country.

Is this the new hustle from you bootlickers? Spin ways to excuse legislation and executive action that aids everyone but black people?
Have you read how bills are actually crafted?

The Supreme Court has already kinda said you can't have race exclusive laws. Thats why civil rights bills seem to target specific groups but the wording never is targeted to them but people know who benefits.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Honestly, and I don't know how to have this convo respectfully.

We need to expand the black elite.

And I'll leave it there.
Well, since you’re trying to be respectful, I’ll reply to your comment with I don’t know if I agree with your solution. I respect your opinion, though.

See, I asked the question the way I did, because I feel we have quite a few of our leaders and politicians out for self and family, masquerading as being for the overall community. Talking about the wealth in our community is pretty taboo, but our leaders should be talking about this nonstop, and from what I’ve seen, not too many of our leaders and politicians like to bring it up. We’ve got too much data not to be bringing this up. These numbers should have been talked and talked about to Biden/Kamala during the election campaign. A rapper like Cube should not have had to bring all this to attention. We live in a capitalist nation and society. Your community is up when the numbers are up and reflects that. We need to start from square one and find out who is really for the community. If you’re not, that’s cool, but you can’t call yourself a black leader or be a politician for us if you’re not.

Last edited:
Daps
Have you read how bills are actually crafted?

The Supreme Court has already kinda said you can't have race exclusive laws. Thats why civil rights bills seem to target specific groups but the wording never is targeted to them but people know who benefits.
But we already have race exclusive laws. They just happen to be exclusively beneficial to white people and detrimental to black people.

:mjlol:

Last edited:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Doesn’t something have to exist in order to be expanded? Can you point me to who is among the black elite?

:sas1:
Why hasn’t the black elite, that we do have, not created lobbyists groups and such? Maybe they have, but I don’t know, but if they have, it hasn’t done us much good. So, with that being said, is creating more black elite going to solve the issue? Or is it going to create more individuals that are really for themselves, their family, and others in the black elite? More individuals who only want to bring up and involve those lower than them when it’s convenient, like when running for an elected position, etc?

Daps
Why hasn’t the black elite, that we do have, not created lobbyists groups and such? Maybe they have, but I don’t know, but if they have, it hasn’t done us much good. So, with that being said, is creating more black elite going to solve the issue? Or is it going to create more individuals that are really for themselves, their family, and others in the black elite? More individuals who only want to bring up and involve those lower than them when it’s convenient, like when running for an elected position, etc?
The black “elite” in America operates at the behest of white America, in the service of an agenda that keeps an anti black status quo intact. Actual members of the black elite, like Martin and Malcolm and Medgar and Fred and Huey, are assassinated.

:unimpressed:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Behind everyone of them high yella laughing emojis they really have the
dTcAHZc.jpg
:umad: