The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
Roland used to have guests with Republican leanings and they were real and not saying shyt for reactions but because they really felt that way.
Because they were their own men, they didn't ride with Trump on most issues and did not support him for re-election.
Only Blacks that publicly rode for Trump were those willing to read from his script. I've posted clips of one of them appearing on RM's show saying "there were good and bad people on both sides at Charlottesville". Will post again if you want to see it and cringe.

Everybody on a panel agreeing 100% isn't good for a political discussion segment or show, so they found a guy willing to publicly debate these topics. Again, actual Black Republicans aren't circus clowns and therefore aren't willing to damage their credibility saying or defending dumb shyt in public.

alright, that's a solid point, but perhaps that's a sign that some of these topics don't need to be debated in a serious forum. some things can have one sensible side. deeper topics for debate can be found that will still make for an entertaining show.

did we need a debate over whether racism exists in institutions like CBS, and to find some black man willing to Juelz for every allegation? nah, the world could have done without that segment

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Him dancing with Hilary Clinton made me not take him seriously. But I do check out his livestream on youtube every now and then.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
alright, that's a solid point, but perhaps that's a sign that some of these topics don't need to be debated in a serious forum. some things can have one sensible side. deeper topics for debate can be found that will still make for an entertaining show.

did we need a debate over whether racism exists in institutions like CBS, and to find some black man willing to Juelz for every allegation? nah, the world could have done without that segment
That's a fair point. The thing is that show discusses news stories as they unfold so the opposing side weighs in regardless of their expertise or knowledge of the story. During the course of that show, he probably commented on several stories and probably held a view opposite to RM.

I agree with your earlier point about how cringeworthy it is to see a guest brought in just to be a punching bag for the host. Tucker Carlson and some of the openly racist figures in the media do that sometimes. They've brought in one of Coli's favorite YTers a few times and used him in the same manner.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
:laff:

here’s the clip:

This Francis guy is just another hustler.

Here he is a few years ago stepping on the American flag in his class as a publicity stunt.

Apparently he's trying to pivot into the Black Conservative lane now. Not sure if he will get fully backed because of the flag stepping incident in his past.

When he was singing that different tune back then, he appeared on Roland's show on NewsOne

Like I wrote earlier, they have to dig to find Black people to publicly defend certain stances because regular intelligent Black folks won't stick their necks out co-signing nonsense. Only desperate people are going out like circus clowns.

After the Capitol Riots, anybody who was pushing maga fed talking points is permanently stained.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Well, who do you think is one of our greatest political minds.
tenor.gif

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
last i checked, black people can be all of those.

Why is it feasible to explicitly pass legislation for gays and immigrants and indigenous people and transgenders, but becomes problematic when the policy specifically aids black people?

:mjpls:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Why is it feasible to explicitly pass legislation for gays and immigrants and indigenous people and transgenders, but becomes problematic when the policy specifically aids black people?

:mjpls:
I'm sure that bi people get mad when they pass legislation for all LGBT instead of just bi people specifically
:sas2: