The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Morning Of The PS5 Pro

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone saw any good deals on the storage expansion for the digital PS5? I’m sick of cod taking up damn near the whole storage drive

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
FedEx delivered my PS5 this afternoon. I haven't really played any games on it yet b/c I spent an hour just setting up and downloading to the system. I just learned how to upload PS4 saves to the 5.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Figure I'd ask in this thread too:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/any-of-you-ever-use-a-3rd-party-controller-for-ps4.831686/

Any of you ever use a 3rd party controller for PS4?

My L2 keeps moving my character forward when I aim (Hitman 3). It's probably busted but I don't feel like paying for an official once since they are still $63.00.

I want a new one though...any of you use 3rd party controllers? If so, which brand?
Best Buy price matches I always paid 45$ for official controllers

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like mad people online saying they either getting drift, or their L2, R2 buttons are breaking on their Dualsense. I have three and so far they're fine. But i actually predicted this in that crazy predictions yall got for 2021 thread. While the controller feels different, and nice in the hands. I noticed back in November it also felt like it could break very easily. Honestly i think the DS4 felt more like if i dropped it, it might survive (i don't drop my controllers btw i'm just making a point). DS doesn't feel that secure or durable. I watched a disassembly video of the DS. You can just tell things like the triggers will be the first to go. Sony used the same exact analog sticks, why :why:

There's no way to really fix drifting, or the triggers i guess but at least treat your Dualsense like it's some yellow cake Bin Laden was eating. Don't drop that shyt :whoa:

:deadmanny: If anybody can get that reference.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Seems like mad people online saying they either getting drift, or their L2, R2 buttons are breaking on their Dualsense. I have three and so far they're fine. But i actually predicted this in that crazy predictions yall got for 2021 thread. While the controller feels different, and nice in the hands. I noticed back in November it also felt like it could break very easily. Honestly i think the DS4 felt more like if i dropped it, it might survive (i don't drop my controllers btw i'm just making a point). DS doesn't feel that secure or durable. I watched a disassembly video of the DS. You can just tell things like the triggers will be the first to go. Sony used the same exact analog sticks, why :why:

There's no way to really fix drifting, or the triggers i guess but at least treat your Dualsense like it's some yellow cake Bin Laden was eating. Don't drop that shyt :whoa:

What is drifting exactly?

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is it the same concept when it comes to controller drifting I mean?

I believe it’s when you are playing a game or doing anything and the thing you are controlling is moving or drifting in a direction, even when you aren’t touching the controller at all.

It’s a known issue with the Nintendo Switch joy-cons. fukked me up when playing BOTW

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
What is drifting exactly?
It’s the analog sticks. If you’re left one is drifting for instance the character you’re controlling will move in one direction without you even touching your controller. If you’re right one is drifting the camera (in a 3rd person game) will spin in one direction, again without you even touching the controller.

Go to four minutes in this guys video

It’s sometimes a game by game basis because the deadzones are different each game. Like on Control to get your character to walk you have to move the left analog stick about 25 percent in one direction. In Miles Morales its might be 15 percent. So Control (no pun intended) would have a higher chance of having a drifting problem in this case (off topic but i hate that in Control you need to press the stick 90% in one direction for your character to run/jog).

Sony could help (not fix but still) by at least implementing a set deadzone globally option. But i wouldn’t hold my breath on that since the DS4 supposedly had the same problem, and they did nothing.

A higher priced controller shouldn’t be having the same problems its predecessor had, only three months in. Sony be finessing, and getting away with it sometimes frfr.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It’s the analog sticks. If you’re left one is drifting for instance the character you’re controlling will move in one direction without you even touching your controller. If you’re right one is drifting the camera (in a 3rd person game) will spin in one direction, again without you even touching the controller.

Go to four minutes in this guys video

It’s sometimes a game by game basis because the deadzones are different each game. Like on Control to get your character to walk you have to move the left analog stick about 25 percent in one direction. In Miles Morales its might be 15 percent. So Control (no pun intended) would have a higher chance of having a drifting problem in this case (off topic but i hate that in Control you need to press the stick 90% in one direction for your character to run/jog).

Sony could help (not fix but still) by at least implementing a set deadzone globally option. But i wouldn’t hold my breath on that since the DS4 supposedly had the same problem, and they did nothing.

A higher priced controller shouldn’t be having the same problems its predecessor had, only three months in. Sony be finessing, and getting away with it sometimes frfr.

I noticed with the Switch controllers that some people were taking them apart and fixing themselves. I wonder if that’s the case with the Dualsense as well?

I probably should have kept my other controller just in case lol.