The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Software update went through with no problems. The dashboard feels quicker to me now when moving around

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I’m starting to lose hope in getting one this year. :francis:

The demand for the PS5 is too high and it’s impossible to cop one. It’s like playing Musical chairs with 5 chairs and 300 people. It’s a waste of time trying to get one at this moment.
Word...

I've had the sony direct page pinned for a week now :francis:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
For new PS5 users, I would suggest turning off rest mode until Sony addresses the software issues with the ps5. It’s been the main culprit of bricked consoles
Yea after my lil hiccup yesterday with miles I just turned the console off. I’ll update today and see if anything weird happens

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This controller making me want to play a shooter

I fukking hate shooters

I hate shooters too and yestereday I downloaded Apex and Call of Duty Warfare. Let me tell you with this controller shooters definitely have my attention now.

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Still getting used to the UI and managing the storage of the PS4 games I have on an external has been tougher than I thought it would be. Besides that, you can tell that this system is going to get better and better as the gen goes on. The Dual Sense is already great, just think it needs more time to really be taken advantage of. Mostly played Spidey so far and up to the first real boss in Demon's Souls. DS looks so smooth at 60 FPS. Got both games in performance mode because the graphics look good enough for me not to really notice the lack of effects.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
people keep saying bots bots bots
but ignore the fact
1) we are in a pandemic, the worst one in a very very long time
2) lockdowns
3) video games are more popular than ever and the ps5 is the new must have item
being stuck inside w/ a pandemic will make you want to play video games
4) all orders are online only

especially considering 4), it's not a big mystery as to why the ps5 is IMPOSSIBLE to buy online
there are probably millions of people trying to buy at the same time online

All valid points. I was just on ebay though, and someone has a picture of 15 units on their coffee table. So there is a bot issue. No one is getting that amount of units without cheating. Yes demand is high. I say this with 100% certainty though. This would have happened if there wasn't a pandemic and lockdowns. This same thing happened with the SNES Classic. No one could get one online, or in stores. I got mine because I was meeting a friend at Rockefeller Center, and saw that the Nintendo Store had a ton. Everyone I spoke to online, outside of the NYC area, were just out of luck. Then there were people selling them in various marketplaces for $500.

Which is why I like my solution which fukks up everybody. Regardless if you're someone using a bot, or just someone who got lucky and was able to get multiple units from various retailers. A six month moratorium on new items. I don't care how you get it, that will make people think. If you have to hold whatever it is, for six months, more than likely in that time the vendor will have more units available. Making those multiple units sitting in your spare room, only worth retail value.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
All valid points. I was just on ebay though, and someone has a picture of 15 units on their coffee table. So there is a bot issue. No one is getting that amount of units without cheating. Yes demand is high. I say this with 100% certainty though. This would have happened if there wasn't a pandemic and lockdowns. This same thing happened with the SNES Classic. No one could get one online, or in stores. I got mine because I was meeting a friend at Rockefeller Center, and saw that the Nintendo Store had a ton. Everyone I spoke to online, outside of the NYC area, were just out of luck. Then there were people selling them in various marketplaces for $500.

Which is why I like my solution which fukks up everybody. Regardless if you're someone using a bot, or just someone who got lucky and was able to get multiple units from various retailers. A six month moratorium on new items. I don't care how you get it, that will make people think. If you have to hold whatever it is, for six months, more than likely in that time the vendor will have more units available. Making those multiple units sitting in your spare room, only worth retail value.

Your solution would never happen in a hyper capitalistic society such as the US.