The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
obviously not but people are underestimating the demand for the ps5 if they think it's MAINLY that
"it's the bots" is oversimplifying it
how many people do you think are trying to order a ps5 at the same time online?
we have never had a online only console launch during a pandemic when video games are more popular than ever
No the bots are generating the unnatural traffic hits that bring these sites to a crawl. It's basically DDoS. Even Amazon was fukking up. You think the traffic Amazon has on Prime Day with millions shopping isnt more than the traffic a PS5 release generates?

Daps
No the bots are generating the unnatural traffic hits that bring these sites to a crawl. It's basically DDoS. Even Amazon was fukking up. You think the traffic Amazon has on Prime Day with millions shopping isnt more than the traffic a PS5 release generates?
it would be the same with or without bots
you have the ps5 breakdown doing millions within a couple of hours
the console reveal doing 30 mil+
everyone I know wants a ps5
got people who didn't preorder kicking themselves
and again, when has there been a console launch where the entire launch is online during a pandemic when video game popularity is at an all time high?
bots make it worse but I think you are oversimplifying the situation by focusing only on bots and ignoring context
people are thirsty for the ps5

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
it would be the same with or without bots
you have the ps5 breakdown doing millions within a couple of hours
the console reveal doing 30 mil+
everyone I know wants a ps5
got people who didn't preorder kicking themselves
and again, when has there been a console launch where the entire launch is online?
people are thirsty for the ps5
I doubt it. Without the bots effectively DDoSing websites you'd likely be able to add to your cart and check out when they're briefly available. They'd still sell out rather quickly but all this I got it in my cart and can't check out stuff wouldn't be an issue.

Daps
I doubt it. Without the bots effectively DDoSing websites you'd likely be able to add to your cart and check out when they're briefly available. They'd still sell out rather quickly but all this I got it in my cart and can't check out stuff wouldn't be an issue.
this nikka keeps focusing on bots and ignores the broader context:mjlol:
millions of people want a ps5 right now
that is a reasonable assumption
normally they would walk in a store or buy online or do both whatever is available
but it's online only during a pandemic, driving people to want to play video games and want a ps5 even if they don't know why
where are those people going to go?
you got people with notifications on deck on their phones
people from all backgrounds trying to secure a ps5 for whatever reason
the hype and mindshare is working
the bots just exacerbate the situation

Last edited:
Daps
unlike alotta of u nikkas i just dont talk out my ass and i got a PS5/Series X

PS5 restock: Sony Direct, Best Buy, and more inventory before Black Friday
I believe you
I'm just saying the incoming horde of people + bots are going to eat all those ps5 stocks up in seconds :mjlol:
it's gonna be what you see on those black friday vids but in the form of internet traffic :mjlol:

DimpledSingleBlackfish-size_restricted.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
this nikka keeps focusing on bots and ignores the broader context:mjlol:
millions of people want a ps5 right now
that is a reasonable assumption
normally they would walk in a store or buy online or do both whatever is available
buy it's online only during a pandemic, driving people to want to play video games and want a ps5 even if they don't know why
where are those people going to go?
you got people with notifications on deck on their phones
people from all backgrounds trying to secure a ps5 for whatever reason
the hype and mindshare is working
the bots just exacerbate the situation
You honestly think the number of people trying to buy just a PS5 is more than the total or people that buy all the stuff on say Black Friday or Prime day? Software bots are generating inhuman levels of traffic refreshing the pages over and over again checking for the item to be instock. These bots are refreshing pages at rates human beings can't.

The same thing happens with sneakers. Nvidia just launched the 3080 and 3090 with the same thing happening both times and Nvidia admitted it was bots. You think enough people to bring a major company's site down are trying to buy $700 and $1500 graphics cards having them completely sell out in seconds?

Daps
You honestly think the number of people trying to buy just a PS5 is more than the total or people that buy all the stuff on say Black Friday or Prime day? Software bots are generating inhuman levels of traffic refreshing the pages over and over again checking for the item to be instock. These bots are refreshing pages at rates human beings can't.

The same thing happens with sneakers. Nvidia just launched the 3080 and 3090 with the same thing happening both times and Nvidia admitted it was bots. You think enough people to bring a major company's site down are trying to buy $700 and $1500 graphics cards having them completely sell out in seconds?
:snoop:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Bruh it's wild. I had 4/5 people clamoring to take my 2nd one off from me ranging from 850-950. I had 5 available if I wanted September:martin:

I've had 3 people ask me today how to go about getting one :mjlol: I wish everyone the best but I ain't got a magic wand over here lol. I preordered in September. I'm pretty sure people in this thread was saying to do just that.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
It’s the bots plain and simple
Plus you couldn’t cop in store

Just like the sneaker game
When you can cop in store you at least had a chance

Now all the hottest releases are online