The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Daps
I was saying this to a friend. For brand new items like this, at least on sites like ebay or facebook marketplace, a 6 month moratorium after the release date. If anyone wants to flip it make them hold it for six months.

That's actually genius....kill the scalping game. It would require all the resale sites to agree because if StockX allows game console resale and the others don't, StockX would own that market.

Target worked best for me because I could see their stock on myStore app AND they only allowed in-store pickup. If you have the option to ship a PS5, the bots will have a huge advantage because they can set up on any site. Can't really bot every site if you have to physically pick up PS5's in multiple cities/states...especially with a tight turnaround.

Daps
That's actually genius....kill the scalping game. It would require all the resale sites to agree because if StockX allows game console resale and the others don't, StockX would own that market.

Target worked best for me because I could see their stock on myStore app AND they only allowed in-store pickup. If you have the option to ship a PS5, the bots will have a huge advantage because they can set up on any site. Can't really bot every site if you have to physically pick up PS5's in multiple cities/states...especially with a tight turnaround.
people keep saying bots bots bots
but ignore the fact
1) we are in a pandemic, the worst one in a very very long time
2) lockdowns
3) video games are more popular than ever and the ps5 is the new must have item
being stuck inside w/ a pandemic will make you want to play video games
4) all orders are online only

especially considering 4), it's not a big mystery as to why the ps5 is IMPOSSIBLE to buy online
there are probably millions of people trying to buy at the same time online

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
but ignore the fact
2) lockdowns

especially considering 4), it's not a big mystery as to why the ps5 is IMPOSSIBLE to buy online

cats sound INSANELY ridiculous comparing this to the PS4 release 7 years ago under COMPLETELY different GLOBAL circumstances

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but ignore the fact
2) lockdowns

i dont think anyone is ignoring that. but i barely know anyone outside of this site that has wanted one that has been able to obtain one. only my neighbor and thats because he was one of the first pre orders

but im sure its more popular than ever. but then again as someone else said we are in a pandemic people have less expendable cash. the demand cant be that high because the line at target the otehr day was shorter than the line for the old madden releases.

but you are corrects its everything combined. not just 1

BUT THE BOTS ARE MAKING IT INSUFFERABLE. there are people selling 8-14 ps5 from one account on facebook marketplace

sony goofed by not taking the apple approach by having more than enough inventory. dont think this ialso isnt by design

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
without 6tb minimum there's no point for me. my PlayStation 4 library has 500 plus games in it

Sheesh even I dont have that many games...:picard:

here news:
Which SSD Drives Will Be Compatible With PS5?

Yes, you will be able to use an existing USB External Drive for PS5, however, you won't be able to directly play PS5 games from it. Instead, you'll be able to store game data there but will need to move it back onto the main drive or a compatible NVMe SSD drive to play it.Nov 5, 2020

you could do this... cycle games in and out from system to drive...:ld:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
traded in my pro my controller had joy stick drift so they took $60 off smh i copped demon souls and an extra series X controller

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
yall think it would be stupid to place this, vertically,on carpert? :dwillhuh:

giphy.gif

game system on carpet???:wtf:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Sony should of kept all the PS5's from Botsmart and Rapestop and listed them on their site to begin with. If they did everyone in here would have one by now.

Agreed. When it first was announced It being online only, I was hoping they would just list them on Amazon and their direct site through the PSN IDs.

I really wish they had the infrastructure to do Apple-stlyle reservations. If they did that, a lot more people would be eating because if you buy all the launch day stock at Apple, they give you an estimate of how long it will be until you get your device. A lot of the scrambling you see with PS5 is caused by not knowing if/when you’ll ever get one since the drops are sporadic and is only for immediately accessible stock.

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
I had three in my Walmart cart on the 12ty each time
I got an error
Message ya think Black Friday Walmart gonna fox they site or
It's slow I'm bouta jus walk in that Bish and sit on the line