The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
y’all brave as hell contacting customer service...I’ll never forget ppl being happy getting into contact with gamestop “assuring” them that their PS4 pro 500M ed. console orders were good to go only to have their orders cancelled 30 minutes later

:mjlol:

that shyt only seemed to happen to ppl who called customer service
One of many reasons why gamestop should have died 10 years ago.

How you a retailer dedicated to games but also the most unreliable when it comes to games?

I already knew gamestop was out of the question when I pre ordered my console.

:hhh:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
No built in browser :dwillhuh:

Good, it'd be bloated if they did in order for its DOM to be able to render latest and new web standards.

I know people are going to be disappointed by this but from a technology/efficiency perspective - this is the right decision. There is a lot that goes into a browser under the hood to ensure it can correctly render web content.

I'd rather have no browser than have a sub standard one or the equivalent to a low end mobile browser.

EDIT:

The only downside I can see to this is for people like myself who travel for work a lot and travel with a console. With no browser, it'll be difficult to authenticate to captive portals in hotels.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of many reasons why gamestop should have died 10 years ago.

How you a retailer dedicated to games but also the most unreliable when it comes to games?

I already knew gamestop was out of the question when I pre ordered my console.

:hhh:

ya they weren’t even a thought...glad I was able to be choosy and wait for bestbuy/amazon to go live...for the 2nd time in a row it’s looking like gamestop is about to botch my order for a headset...I imagine gamestop will have the most horrible PS5-related delivery stories

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Did not know people used the PS browser :ohhh:. I decided to use a dedicated media device back in the PS3 days and never touched that feature again. I legit just found out the PS4 has a dedicated browser. I’m bout to go through all my menus and see if I can find some new stuff before I chuck it to the bushes :mjlol:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Trust me - they dont.

They will make an attempt to charge on the 12th.

The charge will occur when they create the pallets to put on trucks.

If your card - dont go through they place your ps5 to the side and will give you like 24 hours to provide updated card info.

Amazon processes way more orders than best buy, walmart so they have to charge last minute because they dont want the orders to get mixed up etc
They charge when someone scans it off the shelf to be prepared to ship, it doesn't have to be on the day its shipped.

When your order says "preparing to ship" is when you will be charged.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Controller showed up today. still waiting on headset and remote. Hopefully the PlayStation only takes10 days to get here too and I'll have it just in time for Thanksgiving.

I live in England breh, it won’t be released here until the 19th. Maybe that guy must be press or an influencer if he’s got one already.
I knew it was coming later over there but he said it was going to be a worldwide release. I don't think my coworker is a liar but he is a bit gullible. Maybe his man was lying to him. I don't know.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is Wal-Mart shipping the item via Fed-Ex or UPS? When I called Fedex about my package they said they can't arrange for onsite(at their facility) pickup due to instructions from the shipper. I wonder would this applicable to something shipping from Wal-Mart themselves?