Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
got the bundle from gamestop, one on best buy, finna try amazon and sony today
full

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve never seen nowinstock bogged down like this...not for the switch...not for the OG airpods...not for the PS4...obviously not for the XB1...never seen this

drifter

Superstar
Daps
my thing is this sony thing is a mess and nothing to brag about. Majority of the activity was pure FOMO, not like an organzed iPhone release where sites are crashing. This was literally people frantically scrambling to find random drops. IT will only be an issue if the Xbox release is organized and nobody cops lol, and there is no way to tell that until pre order numbers come out

Except you can't count this as a FOMO event and not count iPhones and Galaxies. There is no pre-order period where FOMO doesn't exist, and as always, 95% of the time you can walk in and buy whatever you're wanting to order. Just like every console or product launch, there will be some stock at midnight or day of launch. This route takes more work so understandably people would rather not do it.

Sony advertised pre-orders would start Sept 17. So I'm not understanding any backlash they're getting for third party retailers breaking this date and selling early. It's not like they themselves accepted pre-orders, then people would have a right to complain. Sony's doing registrations to pre-order.

To me the ball is in Xbox court to do things right. I wont be surprised if you have a few people with bad taste in their mouth from this sony drop and cop an Xbox if its easy to get on pre order.

im like its 2020 and folks still cant get pre orders right especially when Apple gave them the model with the iphone launches :mjlol:

"I got the Xbox because I couldn't get a PS5" is not the boat MS should want to be in and if that is the case then they're starting the new gen at a massive disadvantage. Because it's more likely people wait for their initial purchase than settling for something they don't really want.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Except you can't count this as a FOMO event and not count iPhones and Galaxies. There is no pre-order period where FOMO doesn't exist, and as always, 95% of the time you can walk in and buy whatever you're wanting to order. Just like every console or product launch, there will be some stock at midnight or day of launch. This route takes more work so understandably people would rather not do it.

Sony advertised pre-orders would start Sept 17. So I'm not understanding any backlash they're getting for third party retailers breaking this date and selling early. It's not like they themselves accepted pre-orders, then people would have a right to complain. Sony's doing registrations to pre-order.

"I got the Xbox because I couldn't get a PS5" is not the boat MS should want to be in and if that is the case then they're starting the new gen at a massive disadvantage. Because it's more likely people wait for their initial purchase than settling for something they don't really want.

When a company announces a pre order date, that applies to every outlet selling it too. With that logic Best buy could have set up pre orders the moment they got stock numbers. You announcing a date and retailers going rogue is not a good look. And you cant compare this to iPhones because iPhones release everywhere at the same time, so people know what they are getting into camping out on the retailer site until the clock strikes. This Sony thing was literally people going to random sites and refreshing all night hoping something came up.