The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've never bought a Pro model before and it looks like I won't this Gen either. Like in generations before I don't see enough of an upgrade to buy.
I bought the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. I’m thinking I’ll pass on this. I feel like the asking price is too much for the benefits over the base model.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
It's a waste of time in general.

If you bought a PS5 day 1 you spent $500 got a stand and a disc drive and you'll likely get 8 years out of it.

This is $700 day 1 and comes half way into the PS5's life. No stand and no disc drive and maybe 4 years before it's yesterday's news.

People who really care about graphics like that should build gaming PCs.
Ain’t nobody trying to build no damn “gaming PC“

:mjlol:

Ya’ll need to stop with that bullshyt

Ain’t nobody got time for that my nikka

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ain’t nobody trying to build no damn “gaming PC“

:mjlol:

Ya’ll need to stop with that bullshyt

Ain’t nobody got time for that my nikka
If you want top end graphics you build a gaming PC. Your money goes further and you get games for less.

With a gaming PC you spend $700 and you can carry parts of it over and upgrade it. You spend $700 here it’s closed box and the moment the PS6 comes out this is devalued rubbish. I mean who really cared about the PS4 Pro when the 5 was released?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you want top end graphics you build a gaming PC. Your money goes further and you get games for less.

With a gaming PC you spend $700 and you can carry parts of it over and upgrade it. You spend $700 here it’s closed box and the moment the PS6 comes out this is devalued rubbish. I mean who really cared about the PS4 Pro when the 5 was released?

You can also trade in your consoles for new ones. The whole replacing parts argument makes no sense

i’ve been trading my consoles towards new ones since the ps4 slim

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I've been on record here saying that I think the PS5 Pro is a bad move and unnecessary.

*But* now that the time has rolled around and it has been officially unveiled and priced out, I have had a change of heart. I'm pre-ordering/buying it + a disc drive.

The biggest issue I have with the standard PS5 is the poor image quality in many current-gen, 3rd party games' performance modes (I don't care about ray tracing). This should alleviate that. If the PS5 was able to magically receive PSSR, then it would be more than good enough for me, but unfortunately it won't. I was actually hoping that they would surprise us and announce a Playstation approved PSSR like upscaling solution for all PS5 systems.

Anyways, I don't care for the disingenuous comparisons to PCs that I am seeing around social media. They are always flawed in some way, whether its price, components or utility.

Anyone who can understand the well defined market for an iPad Pro, iPhone Pro, Samsung Galaxy Ultra, Pixel Pro, Intel 12/13/14700K or better, RTX 3080/4070 or better etc, should understand the market this caters to and why Sony is releasing a product like this for such a high price.*

$699USD ($959 Canadian for me) is a steep price to pay. If a consumer looks at that price and has to weigh the options of buying it vs getting groceries or paying rent or whatever, then it's not a product for them and that's fine.
Choosing to spend your disposable cash on different entertainment/luxury products is also fine.

fukk all the extra diva shyt and complaining happening online.

*Anyone who is a financial nerd like me could review Sony's quarterly reports and notice that the more hardware they sold, the lower their profit margins were. The cost of manufacturing and shipping hardware, in combination with highly volatile currency fluctuations, means that they are tired of taking losses to sell hardware. The bill of materials for the PS5 (and controllers) have gone down a bit, but the other costs associated that help bring that product to shelf near you have not. The past 4 years have been really weird.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

I ain't got time for all that :mjlol: