The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lots of rumours going around recently, from semi respectable sources.

-> New Twisted Metal
-> New Sly Cooper
-> New Wipeout
-> New From Software

I kind of feel like new MP games leveraging old IP makes sense, particularly for VR.

Everytime a lot of rumors start popping up it means something is getting read to happen. I’m not sure how much I believe but Wipeout makes sense for a PSVR2 title. From games make sense because of the sony partnership and relationship, twisted metal because i don’t think sony would release a show without a game to sell it with.

No sure about Sly, maybe Suckerpunch could want to take another crack at if after seeing R&C being successful again and not wanting to jump straight into Tsushima 2

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SP is a one game company, absolutely zero chance they are making a new Sly. Would make sense if it was the Sackboy guys.

Daps
SP is a one game company, absolutely zero chance they are making a new Sly. Would make sense if it was the Sackboy guys.
Sony has expanded pretty much all of their major studios to have at least 2 teams, and the rumors point to it being Sucker Punch
makes sense since they had to be working on something even if they got dev kits as late as 2019
2022 is 3 years which is enough time for a game like Sly Cooper
Even if it's not Sucker Punch the series needs closure or a fresh restart

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sucker Punch explicitly went out and said they only want to make one game at a time. And they haven't expanded anywhere near as much as the likes of ND. Sumo Digital make more sense.

Daps
Sucker Punch explicitly went out and said they only want to make one game at a time. And they haven't expanded anywhere near as much as the likes of ND. Sumo Digital make more sense.
how long ago did they say that?
if it a was a couple of years ago a lot can change because ND said something similar and now they have 2 teams at least
every team at Sony is going to get expanded because Sony has a large vision for where they want gaming to go
even if Sucker Punch is not making sly, I wouldn't be surprised if they secretly have been working on a new IP

humminbird

Veteran
Daps