The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I'm surprised I haven't seen it talked about but both Judge and Ohtani could win the Triple Crown in their leagues (Judge overall).

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
And how’s that possible?
MLB changed the draft order to a lottery system for the 18 teams that don't make the playoffs. It's a little more complicated than the way the nba does it. I don't have the details in front of me but it's
nick-young-whuut.gif

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And how’s that possible?
"large-market teams" cannot pick in the lottery in consecutive years under MLB rules, and due to that rule, the White Sox will be able to pick no higher than 10th in 2025.

The White Sox would still keep their draft slots in each successive round of that draft, as those rounds are all based on a team's record.

That is because while the Sox spend like a small market club, they are still considered a large market team, and those teams are not eligible for the MLB Draft Lottery in consecutive seasons.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Yankees have the same record as the Dodgers (Dodgers are a baseball super team and have the best roster in the league). Yankees have the same record as the best team in baseball with two above average hitters and the rest of the lineup being jobbers :mjlol:

Brian Cashman never getting fired :russ:

Yankees fans :umad:
MLB West got three of the top 12 best records in all of MLB, gotta take that in to consideration

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The James Wood hype was real. Soto is an all-timer, but Wood alone made that a good trade.

Robert Hassell seems to have injuries isssue, maybe chronic with that wrist so he might not ever pan out. Still have hope for Gore. . He’s shown success at the top level.
Not sure about Susana. Major league pipeline snuck him In at #100. But I have my doubts. Yeah He does strike out people but gives up walks. And runs. And runs. and runs. :francis: .

All in all the Soto trade was a success for the Nats. San Diego might regret it

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The James Wood hype was real. Soto is an all-timer, but Wood alone made that a good trade.

Robert Hassell seems to have injuries isssue, maybe chronic with that wrist so he might not ever pan out. Still have hope for Gore. . He’s shown success at the top level.
Not sure about Susana. Major league pipeline snuck him In at #100. But I have my doubts. Yeah He does strike out people but gives up walks. And runs. And runs. and runs. :francis: .

All in all the Soto trade was a success for the Nats. San Diego might regret it
I would pump the breaks on James Wood.
He looks great. But rookies historically struggle. Let's see how he begins the first 8 weeks of 2025.

If he can hit and make adjustments as pitchers learn how to attack him, then I think there's more cause for hype.

At this point I would say there's more cause for optimism. Woods hits the ball hard but also hits a ton of ground balls. There's work to be done with him.

Because of the nature of baseball and how numbers regress over time, I have a more cautious attitude with most prospects.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would pump the breaks on James Wood.
He looks great. But rookies historically struggle. Let's see how he begins the first 8 weeks of 2025.

If he can hit and make adjustments as pitchers learn how to attack him, then I think there's more cause for hype.

At this point I would say there's more cause for optimism. Woods hits the ball hard but also hits a ton of ground balls. There's work to be done with him.

Because of the nature of baseball and how numbers regress over time, I have a more cautious attitude with most prospects.
Man let me get hype and enjoy it before Boras whisks him away to the Yankees :francis:

Did I ever tell you to pump the brakes on Wemby:francis:

Besides when he got traded away as part of that package , a lot of Padres fans was mad he was included, and San Diego fans are considered the most fear weather fans of all locations

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Got a fantasy baseball problem. Too many OFs.

I have
Bryan Reynolds
Randy Arozarena
Riley Greene
Jazz Chisolm
Michael Harris
Now Dylan Crews

It's a keeper/dynasty league and the trade deadline has passes. I hate having to carry 6 primary OFers but can't drop any of them because they have trade value :mjcry:

Brice Turang probably the easy drop but he has SS eligibility and steals bases :mjcry: