The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I would pump the breaks on James Wood.
He looks great. But rookies historically struggle. Let's see how he begins the first 8 weeks of 2025.

If he can hit and make adjustments as pitchers learn how to attack him, then I think there's more cause for hype.

At this point I would say there's more cause for optimism. Woods hits the ball hard but also hits a ton of ground balls. There's work to be done with him.

Because of the nature of baseball and how numbers regress over time, I have a more cautious attitude with most prospects.

You always throwing cold water on shyt .there’s advanced scouts & talent evaluators who flat out know more than you who project the same players you aren’t impressed with to be good to great. It’s ok for fans to be excited about young players

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You always throwing cold water on shyt .there’s advanced scouts & talent evaluators who flat out know more than you who project the same players you aren’t impressed with to be good to great. It’s ok for fans to be excited about young players
Yeah that's fair, lol.

But I still think I'm right.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
By the way, just to show that I'm not a complete jerk...

I'll admit I was completely wrong about Brandon Nimmo.

:manny:

I thought he'd be a slap hitter who'd ride the bench. He wound up showing some solid pop.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

What do you think? @Remote

Pretty good actually.

I don't like anybody in the "It's gonna be close" tier.
As good as Sale and deGrom can be, they just don't have the consistency and longevity for me.

From the Too Early to Call tier:
Jose Ramirez
Francisco Lindor
Corey Seager
Juan Soto

I'm a definite NO on Burnes and Bregman.
Likely a No on Correa.

Alvarez just can't stay on the field. But he's a monster when he is. He's 27 now and he'd have to put up another 6-7 years of dominance to really get there.

Wheeler? Going on 35 years old. Just doesn't have the resume or longevity. No.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
the pitching is what's gonna have to be scaled down to see if these new crop of guys get in.

That being said, I'm not sure we're gonna see any more 500 home run guys even if the have elite stretches. Aaron Judge just got to 300 and I highly doubt he has another 4 years of seasons like this and he'd need that to reach 500.