The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think he's going to be the superstar some of the scouts initially projected on him.
He's already showing double digit homer/double digit steal skills (I'm thinking he's going to be a 15-20HR/30SB guy). If he can improve his slash and cut down the K's he's going to be a solid player and that's really more than you can get out of most.
Sounds fair.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Is Ohtani gonna pitch in the postseason? 👀

I hope not. His arm is spring roll status. They might as well let him concentrate on hitting, and let him start throwing again in Spring Training. If they didn't throw 700 at him, I would say they should retire him from pitching because he can't stay healthy, but you need him to pitch at a high level to make that contract work

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I’ve read numerous scouting reports/articles on pca & not one ever said superstar :dahell:

A solid major league player with elite defense,speed & decent power was all I ever read & that’s exactly what he’s doing

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I’ve read numerous scouting reports/articles on pca & not one ever said superstar :dahell:

A solid major league player with elite defense,speed & decent power was all I ever read & that’s exactly what he’s doing
That's probably more fair. I've definitely seen some Fantasy baseball touts pretty high on him.

But his 2021 and 2022 Baseball America listings had him top 5 in Cubs system with a 55 overall grade. So just below occasional All Star which feels pretty fair. I can't find my 2023 book. I didn't order 24 yet, I like to use them in off season fantasy research since I can take my time.

So yeah 55 puts him as basically as a Tier 4 player.

75-80 Franchise Player | No 1 Starter
65-70 Perennial All Star | No 2 Starter
60 Occasional All Star | No 3 Starter/Ace Closer
55 First Division Player | No 3/4 Starter/Elite Closer
50 Solid Average Regular | No 4 Starter/Elite Setup RP
45 Second Division Regular| No 5 Starter/Low Leverage RP
40 Reserve | Fill in Starter/Mop up RP