The Menu | Horror Comedy | Starring: Voldemort, Beth Harmon and Beast | Streaming on Max

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Loved this, though it is a slight movie, it has such sharp writing, black humor, it's very good, and I go to those kinds of places, and would easily have done the $1200 experience from Hawthorne., so I am perfect audience for this. I love and indulge in foodie culture, been to a lot of Michelin star places, just went to a three star last month, which just got it's 3rd star! There's some fair criticism, though the Margo character is played pretty broad, she is supposed to represent the common viewer/voice of reason, but just like expensive watches, or hotels, or shoes, or ANYTHING really you can mock it and dismiss it, if you don't get it, or aren't a part of it.

I went and got a double cheeseburger from a local spot right after lol

The social satire and themes are done well enough to have me questioning where I would stand in the Chef's estimation as a giver or a taker, which means the movie is working.

Again, theater experience where no one laughed but me, if you aren't laughing in this movie, I don't see how or why you would possibly sit through 100 some odd minutes.
That's dope. I consider myself a foodie but I'm more of a street food kinda person. I find the 12 course meal type places to be pretentious and I'm still hungry after lol. I traveled to the 2 culinary capitals of Latin America last year for food.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Finished watching and thought this was a very fun ride :ehh:. I knew somewhere where it might go, but felt there were enough surprises and funny moments that kept me entertained throughout.

Chef lost his smile :mjcry:and customers lost their appetite :mjgrin:.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Ralph Fiennes did his thing in this one.
Did my boy John Leguizamo dirty.....all because he was in a bad movie:russ:

Anya Taylor was just dry in this......i feel like her character and some of the writing could have been better.

It was an enjoyable watch.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Its solid, funny in places and cool concept. For me Nick Hoult had the most entertaining role.

its slightly too long but thats true of most films these days.