The Afghanistan - Taliban Conflict

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
yeah i've seen some of your posts about being attached to an ODA. i've always wanted to ask some questions about that.

you didn't wanna go through selection?
Now what you meant about Aghanistan being a training ground it was for conventional soldiers. I joined after 9/11 and I was in the 82nd which is rapid deployment troops and we qualified on the range twice a year and rarely did land navigation. Frankly the average solider is not prepared to go through selection, I've seen dozens of dudes from the 82nd fail selection and usually the reason was they couldn't find the points at night.

The main reason I didn't go was frankly I was too p*ssy to try out. At the time why do it? I wore what they wore ate what they ate and did some of the cool shyt they did. I went on the exotic training missions and stayed in the Hotels with them and not in the field with the indig too. That's why when I got injured they changed the rules you couldn't homestead in SOF unit without going to selection you had to rotate back to big army. they even took away the Green Beanies. Back in my day if you were assigned to group you wore the Green Beret without the "flash" meaning the unit crest you wore the crest of the branch or the old unit or for me 112 sig on a Green Beret but when women started coming in getting green beanies they changed that to wearing red berets and at best just wearing the unit patch without the tab.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
yeah i've seen some of your posts about being attached to an ODA. i've always wanted to ask some questions about that.

you didn't wanna go through selection?

let me elaborate on the "too p*ssy" comment. I wasn't scared it was I didn't want to fail. Before I joined the Army I never met a white boy who didn't assume that I was stronger, faster and could whip their ass before I joined the Army. It was weird to see some corn fed white boy try to burn me in a race or want to fight me in a boxing match in training. Country white boys assumed that I couldn't hack it, white boys where surprised that I got my air assualt wings at Fort Bragg because it was supposed to be "harder" than going to Fort Campbell. I passed the assessment for the 112th and hung with the ODA during PT. I knew if I asked for help on Land Nav I could've passed selection but I might not have passed. I would've been embarrassed to show my face had I not made it.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
And the crazy thing is the American population will not hold a single politician responsible for this massive failure
We too focused on Lil Nas X having the right to kiss men on stage and banning critical race theory from schools :snoop:

We supposed to hold Biden accountable for leaving? Bush has been out of office for a while now

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The US is incapable of nation building (hell I’d argue that wasn’t even really the objective). This should come as no surprise. A large portion of the now failed government are Taliban sympathizers

Just sad at all the loss of life and resources.

At some point people will realize there are portions of the world that give absolutely no shyts about Western values

Last edited:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
And the crazy thing is the American population will not hold a single politician responsible for this massive failure
We too focused on Lil Nas X having the right to kiss men on stage and banning critical race theory from schools :snoop:
I was going to make a thread on this too. It's not the public it's the media.

This is the main reason why you have so many people combative and reluctant to trust the American government. They throwaway trillions of dollars overseas and then want the people to act like nothing happened when it all fails.

That is the real reason people are defying the government. They are not worth of being respected or listened to.