Taliban bans the sound of women’s voices singing or reading in public

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So entrust my soul to earthly man I know to be corrupt and full of just for power, or take my chance with the most high knowing he knows my heart and the will of my intention........it's not hard to decide which is correct......which is why their are sects and offshoots all claiming to follow the one true way.......so it is not clearly written because earthly man by whatever reason he has chosen to interpret that word in a number of different ways to suit their earthly unclear purposes........I refuse to believe my soul will be damned for living by the very basic tenets of what is right and what is wrong........we in stride breh, we may have some sticking points but we in stride

I honestly don’t know what point you’re trying to make as it pertains to this thread breh.

But I think we can all admit the Quran is a problem especially in countries where people in power are allowed to use its teachings to oppress women

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
whats afghanistan's literacy rate again :mjlol: you think people actually know what they're talking about before they sling religion like a bludgeon?

Imams read and teach the Quran scriptures to their faithful congregation

And recitations are verbal and memorized same way you don’t need to be literate or even intelligent to know the words to your favorite song

Maybe it’s better women can’t read on their own because they’d begin to reason for themselves and ask questions

But maybe I’m missing the point you’re trying to make because I assumed you’d know all this already

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Insane.

It really is fakkit shyt.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I wonder how long they’ve got before all that shyt we left over there is looking like trash

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Imams read and teach the Quran scriptures to their faithful congregation

And recitations are verbal and memorized same way you don’t need to be literate or even intelligent to know the words to your favorite song

Maybe it’s better women can’t read on their own because they’d begin to reason for themselves and ask questions

But maybe I’m missing the point you’re trying to make because I assumed you’d know all this already
its blind teaching blind through whatever means are most convenient. im not out to get you so don't feel the need to be defensive lmao - afghan literacy is in consistently some of the worst in the world. quoting scripture is completely pointless in this context.

if you can't even read the book, then any kinds of course correction through actual scripture is either not coming or showing up through 'locally favorable' interpretations at best. even from one tribe or urban center to the next, practice can shift dramatically as well. shyt, any modern version of islam is wildly different from the baselines out there

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This is what y'all wanted :yeshrug:

You were warned that these women would suffer and you responded with "We should not be occupying their country"

Ok. Cool.

Now watch them suffer and watch the Taliban destroy more World Heritage sites like the one with the Buddha statue.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Degenerate opium farmers, they can't even have a hint of a female around or will go crazy and don't look into the Afghan Dancing boy pedo stuff

:hhh:

Tbf. I'm talking about rural/Taliban. The cities were becoming free for girls where they could go to school and have jobs. That spooked them and they rallied enough crazies with weapons ( as they have been doing for eons ) and took back over